How to keep legacy plan
tomatoketchup

I am currently under a legacy family plan: nationwide 700 with 3 total lines. My line is a smartphone with unlimited data; the other 2 lines are simple flip phones which are only used for phone calls (no texts, no data).

If I upgrade my line to a new smartphone, I realize I will lose my unlimited data, and I'm fine with that as I only use about 1gb a month.  However, if I sign a new 2 year contract, will I be required to convert to a More Everything plan or can I still stay on my Nationwide 700 and simply convert to a capped data plan?  The More Everything plan would be cheaper if all 3 lines had smartphones, but with only 1 smartphone and 2 flip phones, it is significantly cheaper if I stay on my current plan, even if this required me to pay full price for an iPhone 6.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to keep legacy plan
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to stay on your current plan, but as you said, getting a subsidized phone will cause you to lose your unlimited data and be switched to a 2 GB/$30 data plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to stay on your current plan, but as you said, getting a subsidized phone will cause you to lose your unlimited data and be switched to a 2 GB/$30 data plan.

0 Likes
tomatoketchup

As a side note, the people at my local verizon store are incompetent. That's why I'm asking this question here. There was one good, intelligent employee who used to work there, but she's gone now.

0 Likes