Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,269 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions
How to fix sim card is not from verizon wireless?
patrijuvet
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I live in Cameroon (Africa); I bougth  a Samsung Galaxy SM-T537V in USA ; but here in Cameroon when I insert any Sim card , I get this message "SIM card is not from verizon wireless " and there is no network; 

please help me to fix this ploblem

thank you

Labels (1)
Re: How to fix sim card is not from verizon wireless?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You shouldn't have bought a Verizon device or any American device. It only supports LTE bands 4 and 13 neither of which are used in Cameroon. Also it's older than dirt. Next time do research. You can use it over wi-fi only.

0 Likes
patrijuvet
Enthusiast - Level 2

no, this Samsung Galaxy SM-T537V support GSM and CDMA  which is available  in cameroon, I thing that the problem is elswhere 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your inquiry is appreciated. Let me ask, was this device brand new, in box? If so, it is going to need to be activated on the Verizon Wireless Network for one day of service. Once this is done, the device should read a SIM Card from Cameroon.

0 Likes
patrijuvet
Enthusiast - Level 2

thank you for you answer;yes the device is brand new  in box.Now how should I going to activate verizon wireless here in cameroon?

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

patrijuvet wrote:

thank you for you answer;yes the device is brand new in box.Now how should I going to activate verizon wireless here in cameroon?

you can't

0 Likes
patrijuvet
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I unlock the tablettes?

#yiv4312863548 img

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

you can't. This isn't; Verizon's problem. You don't have and never hard service with them and they don't provide service in Cameroon. next time by a tablet designed for your region.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

patrijuvet, we want to ensure all information is provided as we strive to be transparent with our customers. All of our 4G devices come unlocked and ready to go for other carriers. However, we recommend reaching out to that preferred carrier to make sure their network is compatible with our devices. Let me know if you have any further questions! 

0 Likes
patrijuvet
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi;the network is compatible: the device is locked that is why I get this message: "SIM card is not from verizon wireless "     Le vendredi 31 août 2018 à 04:19:09 UTC+1,

0 Likes