Re: How to file a customer service complaint?
But-theycango2themoon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tragedy. How ever will you survive? LOL. Sorry, I couldn't resist. On a more serious note: When you are dealing with human beings, there is always the chance an error could be made. Unfortunately science has not been able to perfect the human species to at least be as perfect as our modern machinery, computers and even robots.  Sorry you have to wait 2 additional days for your new phone. What ever will happen to your reputation when you can't be the first to have the new toy.  Get over it.

0 Likes
Bose4469

To whomever the sorry soul is that reads this from Verizon,

I'm apologizing for this rant in advance, but it is five and a half years of bent up rage. I have been back and forth between Verizon's services for the past five and a half years. I am fully aware that every time I leave the service, that I am going to be switching over to an inferior service. The problem is Verizon understands this as well. On top of being charged an outrageous $350 termination fee, (which I understand is the way out without a breach of contract lawsuit) Verizon will throw a measly percentage off of your already skyrocketed bill. The policy changes and outlandish marketing draw you into the company. They make it seem like it is absolutely easy to afford for all. They then overcharge you for their services with underlying fees, and service charges, that you aren't made aware of until you go to finish your transaction. After you have done all this, god forbid something happens to your phone. The warranties provided by the manufacturer's aren't the greatest, so you'd think Verizon would find a way to get even more money out of their customers by selling better warranties. Oh wait they did! These warranties have loopholes inside them making Verizon legally irresponsible for carrying out their pipe dream promises of getting a new phone at no additional cost than what you are already paying them. Nope! They expect you to pay full retail price at this point, or excuse my French, (I've heard this from a rep before so I'm not appalled to write it) "You're shit out of luck". So now if I were to want to leave, on top of not having a functioning phone, I'd have to pay the termination fee, than go to another service. Not to repeat myself, but have an inferior service, than go through the entire process with another company. So I get roped into staying with Verizon. To go into the customer support side of things is a whole other story. You call an automated service, which I understand there are millions of users, but after the thirteenth entry you still don't get a human being. When you finally do get transferred to a line with a human being, no matter what time of day, you are always told their is a higher than normal call volume. This is to justify that Verizon, a company that "changes the world" can't handle the amount of customers it wants. After waiting on hold for twenty five minutes, you finally get someone who isn't in the department you need. What a shocker! I need to be transferred again? Twenty five more minutes on hold. Then I have to give all my information again, hope the last rep put something in my notes on my account, and sit through the entire process again. Causing me to want to throw my phone at a wall. I'm sick and tired of dealing with all this nonsense. The company is run inefficiently and isn't maximizing it's efforts for the target market they have. The consumer! Being twenty four years old, I wish I could live without a cell phone, and that is all because of the horrible experiences I have had with Verizon. I'd tell this all to a supervisor, or a human being, but of course I'd still be on hold. Than of course they'd say there is that can be done. I guess I just have to take it in a place where the sun doesn't shine (and that's putting it extremely politely)

Maybe one day someone will actually read this and do something to right the ways of all this.

From a very disgruntled customer

0 Likes
madamedoolittle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lena--I got the email saying that you had approved me as a connection, but when I tried to send a private message, it had an exclamation point on it, and it wouldn't let me send it. What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes
madamedoolittle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ignore that one above, please. This is all new to me, and I was trying to direct message from the wrong profile screen. Sorry about that. I'll see if I can get it right, this time. Thanks!

0 Likes
madamedoolittle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry for all of the confusion. When I try to direct message to LenaA_VZW, I can't send the message, even though it says that I've been approved as LenaA_VZW's connection. It still shows the exclamation point. For both of the messages above--at 2:46AM & 2:50AM, I thought I was on the profile page for "tikibar1"--is that the same as LenaA_VZW? Are am I trying to send the message in the wrong manner?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

madamedoolittle wrote:

Sorry for all of the confusion. When I try to direct message to LenaA_VZW, I can't send the message, even though it says that I've been approved as LenaA_VZW's connection. It still shows the exclamation point. For both of the messages above--at 2:46AM & 2:50AM, I thought I was on the profile page for "tikibar1"--is that the same as LenaA_VZW? Are am I trying to send the message in the wrong manner?

That is two different users and two profiles for different people. You have to send a follow request which they have to accept. Then has to send you a follow request that you have to accept. Once you are both following each other then the option to send a Direct Message will be available to you from their profile page.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mojo622

We have a very similar situation.  We were told the exact same thing!  "Sorry, we can't really help you.  It must be something in your house."  This to me is completely unacceptable! Especially since I have friends who have AT&T and their phones work perfectly in my house - even in the basement! If the ETF's weren't so high, I'd be leaving tomorrow for AT&T.

0 Likes
madamedoolittle
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154: I still haven't been able to make contact with LenaA_VZW or Verizon Customer Support. Both are still showing "Awaiting Approval". I just sent you a "follow" request a few minutes ago.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Unfortunately Ann154 is not a Verizon employee. She has no access to private information on your account so she cannot assist in the manner you want.

She told you how to direct message, tiki told you how to direct message, verizon sent you a request and you accepted but you did not send a request to follow to the verizon rep. Even if you both connect the service from the rep will be slow in coming and may not help you at all.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Ronnie_SD

I don't know how to start a new thread so here's my complaint: 

honestly, I'm appalled at the way I was treated by a verizon customer support supervisor yesterday.  She was deceitful and lied right to my face.  I spent 30 mintues on the phone trying to explain how a represntative assured me I wouldn't be charged during a suspension of a second line until March, at which time I could renegotiate my contract and drop the line... even Miranda (the first rep yesterday) quoted me from my account that stated i could suspend until March 2014.  So, Joanna FINALLY gets on the phone and immediately acts like I owe her an apology.  In fact her words were, you've already spoken with Miranda and she told you the facts so I really don't know what you expect from me.  Oh, I'm sorry Joanna, I thought you were a supervisor?!  Then I'm really not sure why you have a job if that's the case???  She was just incredibly rude and wasn't even prepared to help me.  The facst are clear.  What I was told on the phone in November was not honored by Verizon.  I was sent a notification that my phone would be activiated before March, so I called AGAIN, only to be told I'd have to call yet again at a later date.  It's nonsense and ridiculous that I have to spend so much time on the phone for something so simple.  Bottom line--I didn't receive a service and I'm still expected to pay for it.  Verizon's prices are way too high to begin with.  Combine that with the worst customer service I've ever encountered, EVEN when I was with Sprint, which I had labeled the worst ever; well, congrtatulations Joanna, you've now given Verizon that title.  If this isn't taken care of, I will probably go back to Sprint or ATT.  At least I can expect bad service and not be disappointed.   I'd rather have a bad signal than poor customer relations.  Joanna's attitude is certainly not one you'd expect from a company like Verizon.  I even asked her if the phone call was recorded... I implore you to give it a listen.  She said she was going to inform  her supervisor that I requested a call back... but I am quite certain she didn't. 

0 Likes