How to file a complaint against Verizon - Fraud on my Account
marnitajoy

I had some fraud on my account a while ago, someone I knew walked right into a store and made LOTS of changes on my account, resulting in my bill being well over $1200..even though I had passwords on my account to prevent changes being made and they didn't check ID..this obviously wasn't my fault and they would not fix it for me or take off what was charged to my account. I felt violated, that someone could literally walk off the street and do this and I am held responsible. I felt even worse that Verizon is making me pay...months and months have passed and I have been trying to pay this off, after losing my job and taking care of a sick parent, and it seems that I am paying more and more..from something that I never did in the first place. Is there anything that I can do before taking legal action? I didn't want to do that but I literally can't afford to pay for someone else's mistakes.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to file a complaint against Verizon - Fraud on my Account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marnitajoy, that sounds like a horrible experience! We take your security and safety very seriously. Have you spoken with our fraud team yet? If not, I recommend reaching out to us at 800-922-0204 and speaking to that department.

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If there was a way to prove that fraud occurred, VZW would investigate and help you out. Corporate stores require an ID. The only way I see anything happening without authorization on your account is someone going to an Authorized Retailer and knowing the last 4 of the SSN which would unlock the account in the system. Authorized Retailers aren't as strict about proving identity as VZW corporate stores.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Have you filed charges against this person you know with the local authorities for this fraud? Without doing so, it is VERY unlikely Verizon would do anything to help you.

0 Likes