How to block calls and messages from unknown or private numbers
ktkat

Is it possible to block calls and messages from unknown or unidentified numbers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to block calls and messages from unknown or private numbers
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

ktkat wrote:

Is it possible to block calls and messages from unknown or unidentified numbers?

I don't think there is for cell phones at least. You can find out whom is calling on a blocked number.This may help....

One way would be to get TrapCall on your phone.I think Trapcall might still be free for a 'basic version'. It unblocks private callers.

Secondly you can bust a private caller by forwarding unanswered calls to a toll-free number instead of voicemail deposit. Then don't answer private calls. Caller ID cannot be blocked to toll-free numbers.You can use the toll-free provider's voicemail or forward the call to another line from there. The toll-free provider use can use is Kall8 which immediately sends an email with the caller's name (if available) and number. You can have this sent to your phone. This provider charges a small fee though.

skippy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

We just switched to Sprint and on my phone (the moment), I can send calls directly to voicemail.  So, those people I don't want to deal with.........bye bye

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

ktkat wrote:

You can also use a service called YouMail (i's free).  Lots of features, and you can use their "ditchmail" to respond to unavilable, blocked, or restricted numbers with a special message and then hang up without going to VM.  Only those callers who unblock their number will get through.  It's an optional setup, highly customizable....check it out!