How to block all incoming pictures and/or text messages
strasbud02
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm trying to figure out how to block all pictures and/or text messages to my phone, LG Octane.  Through "My Verizon", it looks like only certain phone numbers are blocked.  Since a majority of pictures/texts are from people I don't know (either wrong number or spam), it is too late to block a number once I have already received a message.

Searching through the discussions, I found one topic where it was mentioned a blocking capability was to be added to the safeguards, but that was written back in 2010.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to block all incoming pictures and/or text messages
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Log into My Verizon, on the left there is a link to "Block Services". Choose line and block services you don't want.

0 Likes
strasbud02
Enthusiast - Level 1

I didn't see that exact link.  I've went through "Manage Family Safeguards", "Block Calls & Messages", and "Block Internet Spam".  Nothing yet, but maybe I have overlooked it.

my_verizon.jpg 

0 Likes
strasbud02
Enthusiast - Level 1

Going through the options, it occurred to me that I am not the manager of the plan.  There is a handful of family members on the same plan.  Maybe that is why I don't have access to the services.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@strasbud02,

Being able to manage your account online is definitely important!

You are absolutely correct in saying that you need to be authorized to make changes to the account. In order to block all picture message on your line via My Verizon you need to sign as the account owner.

If you're authorized on the account as an account manager I can add the block to your line if you're able to verify the billing password.

Follow me, JohnB_VZW, and send me a direct message with your name, mobile number, and billing password so I can add the block.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

strasbud02
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since my parents are holding the manager reins, I look into getting the information.

Is this block only available through Customer Support?  Or is it possible to set the block through the manager's My Verizon settings?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

strasbud02 wrote:

Since my parents are holding the manager reins, I look into getting the information.

Is this block only available through Customer Support?  Or is it possible to set the block through the manager's My Verizon settings?

Thanks,

I think there might be a feature settings in the MyVerizon account online for your account owner's login, but I would have to check when I get a chance in front of a computer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes