How to avoid overage
Paw_Paw

I am curious to know if there is a feature that could send me a text message to let me know that I am nearing my plans minutes?  I would like to avoid going over my minutes so can anyone tell me if there is a way to either setup that feature or add that to my plan?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to avoid overage
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Self Serve Options are your friend. Check MyVerizon often or dial #MIN (#646) + Send and listen to the recording or wait for the text message to get your minute usage.
0 Likes
Lightninrod
Enthusiast - Level 3
I use Mozilla's FireFox browser and with it, you can download a very small, plug in program that will track your minutes/text useage.  A small Verizon label and the current minutes used show up in the lower, right hand corner of the browzer's toolbar.  You can also set a limit on your minutes used so that if you reach that, the icon number changes to a bright red color to alert you even moreso.  And, by right-clicking on that icon, you click on "Go to Verizon Billing Site" to verify your info, bill, etc.
0 Likes
decklife
I just looked at Firefox add-ons and was unable to find this. Searched for Verizon, cell, minute. What's your plug-in called?
0 Likes
Lightninrod
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here it is:  http://verizon-minutes-used.blogspot.com/

I've used it now for a little over a year with no problems.

PM if that link doesn't load.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Wow, that's a really useful plugin. Thanks Lightninrod. :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
Lightninrod
Enthusiast - Level 3
Glad you're finding it helpful.  It is a really neat little extention.
0 Likes
Paw_Paw
I downloaded this file but it has a xpi extension.  How do you install that with that extension.  I can't get it to work.
0 Likes
Lightninrod
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is what I did:

Look at right side column and click on this:

You can download the new version here.

You then have to click on "Allow" in the right, near-top corner so FF allows the pop-up.

A menu pops up with this inside it:

Then click on "Install Now"

You will then get another pop-up that telss you it will install once you restart FF.

That should do it.

{Removed third party links}

Message Edited by BradC on 07-31-2009 08:05 PM
0 Likes
Paw_Paw
{keep it relevant} I did get it to work though, thanks!
Message Edited by WendyM on 07-31-2009 10:57 PM
0 Likes