How to adjust volume on T2000 home wireless system
CIRRIPEDIA

Using a landline type phone with the T2000 Home Wireless System, the volume/audio quality of the voice seems to over power the system.  Is there a way to set/reset the volume of the T2000 itself?  There are no controls on the Panasonic landline phone system to change the volume of the phone (out going audio).  Listening to the caller from the T2000 is nearly impossible as it continually breaks-up and is extremely loud.  We have tried placing tape over the microphone part of the landline phones (wired and cordless) to reduce the volume to no avail. It is getting extremely frustrating for out 88 year old mother when she is talking to others and they complain about not being able to listen to her or understand what she has said.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to adjust volume on T2000 home wireless system
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the volume on your landline phone. The T2000 device doesn't have the capability to adjust the volume. It simply allows you to have a wireless signal for your landline phone. I appreciate the steps you tried to take to resolve your concern. Have you tried to use a different phone? http://spr.ly/6589DkiFH

VanetrisC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CIRRIPEDIA

If it is true that the T2000 does not have the ability to adjust out going audio signal, then why is there information in the instruction manual stating the "the default is set on high"?  This statement infers that the device can be programmed for other volumes.  Also, in the support system there is a page that describes how to adjust the volume on the home wireless device (obviously not the T2000).  Verizon, clean up your information, mis-information defeats any confidence in the company's ability to support its customers.

0 Likes
Miklinse

I am having the same issue and I agree with the original poster.  To that point, what phone works with the T2000?  I've tried 3 and hate a guessing game.  I really want this to work, but something is set wrong on the T2000 unit.  Alternatively, if there is a solution, please let me know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Miklinse, I understand wanting to get the best use out of your Wireless Home Phone (WHP, T2000). I want to help answer your questions, and clarify what can be done about the volume. The WHP will work with any home phone that connects via a phone line (short of something completely antiquated like a phone with a dialing wheel). The volume of a call is controlled by the phone itself, not the T2000. The WHP is in a sense an antenna, to connect to the LTE network, through which the call is made.

LTE calls are going to be more crisp and better audio than calls made using the old voice system or landlines. These calls are being made with our HD Voice network, which leads to a very clear call. I notice this when I call my Mom's iPhone (an LTE connection) vs. when I call her landline. Since the WHP is just the conduit for the call, it can't control the volume of the call. To learn more about HD Voice, I've included a link to the FAQ page on the service: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/hd-voice-for-android-faqs/

I would recommend finding a home phone to connect to the T2000 that is a good device to work with HD Voice/high-quality calling. See what audio controls it has that will let you adjust the volume to something that meets your needs. Did I explain why the T2000 device can't change the audio okay?

JohnT_VZW

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Miklinse

This doesn't solve the problem.  

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Which make/models of Horne phones with volume control adjustment features have you tried? I’ve used the Vtech CS6114 with the home phone connect fine. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's always concerning to hear that you're having issues with your T2000 Wireless Home Phone. Can you please provide more details on how the phones are not connecting to your equipment?

EllisandraC_VZW

If my response answred your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for you help with this!!

0 Likes
Miklinse

If this was in response to me, I give up.

0 Likes
COVzw

Late to the party.  After some searching, I found this document. It says:

Can I adjust the volume on my telephone?
You can adjust the volume using your telephone connected to the Home Phone Connect
device. Four volume levels are available, with level 1 being the softest and level 4 the
loudest. The default setting is level 4.
1. Take the phone off the hook so you can hear the dial tone and verify that telephone
service is available.
2. Press # # 1 to adjust the volume.
3. Press keys 1 to 4 to select the desired volume.
4. After selecting the desired volume, press the * key to save it. If you hear a single
confirmation tone, you have successfully set the volume level.
Note: If you hear a double tone you have pressed an incorrect key. The system will return to
the off-hook state, and you can try adjusting the volume again when you hear the dial
tone.

This seemed to work on my T2000 - at least the programming bit. We will see if the outgoing volume is changed. Test calls seem to be positive - but I'm skeptical.

0 Likes