How old do you need to be to get a plan?
bneal100

I'm currently 19 years old. I need a phone of my own to call certain people (maybe friends). The thing is, if I pick a device that catches my attention( say an iPhone 6s) and want a monthly payment on it. Anyone knows how old I need to be to get a monthly plan?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How old do yiy really need to be to get a plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a phone of your own is very exciting, bneal100. I'd be happy to go over some details. As noted by our community members, you do need to be at least 18 years of age to have an account in your name. At the time of starting the account, a credit check will be run and a deposit may be required. Below is a link with more details about our customer agreement:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/legal/notices/customer-agreement/
When you're ready to start the account, you can reach out to our telesales team at 888-924-7937.

GregL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

19 is an adult. They will do a credit check so you might need a deposit. You might want to do prepaid

0 Likes
bneal100

Even though I'm 19, so it is possible to do monthly plans as an 19 year old?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if you pass a credit check.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

bneal100 wrote:

Even though I'm 19, so it is possible to do monthly plans as an 19 year old?

Why wouldn't you be able to? You are legally an adult at 18 in all 50 states.

0 Likes
bneal100

Well I assume you have to be 21 to get a monthly plan besides a prepaid

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The age requirement is 18 unless you're in Alabama, then it's 19.  And as noted earlier, you have to undergo a credit evaluation.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

bneal100 wrote:

Well I assume you have to be 21 to get a monthly plan besides a prepaid

Why would assume that?

0 Likes
bneal100

Well stuff like this I just think you need to be 21

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting a phone of your own is very exciting, bneal100. I'd be happy to go over some details. As noted by our community members, you do need to be at least 18 years of age to have an account in your name. At the time of starting the account, a credit check will be run and a deposit may be required. Below is a link with more details about our customer agreement:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/legal/notices/customer-agreement/
When you're ready to start the account, you can reach out to our telesales team at 888-924-7937.

GregL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes