Re: How long does it take for an order to cancel
Xoum
Enthusiast - Level 1

WOW....so this is a recurring issue that by the looks of it has NEVER been remedied.  I have been with Verizon for 10+ years and have never had this issue, up until now.  I placed an order for a new phone yesterday for in store pickup.  I made the order in the morning and had one email confirmation telling me which store had it and that I would get another email verifying when it was ready for pickup.  I’ve gotten used to using Instacart for groceries so I know this drill.  Went all day and never got an email stating my phone was ready and I could go pick it up.  So I decided to call the store myself since my plan was to pick the phone up after I got out of work.  Talked to the store associate and he told me that he didn’t even have that phone in stock at that store.  But he did get a box of new shipments so he said he would go through it to see.  No luck for the phone I wanted, but he did have the phone but with more storage space than what I was planning on getting.  Tells me I can cancel online or call and then I can place an order and he’d have the phone there for me.  Cool. Go to cancel my order and notice my order got duplicated and it shows that one of the orders was cancelled because I didn’t go pick it up (there was nothing for me to ever pick up).  But it still showed one order pending.  Got on the phone with customer service and was on the phone for about an HOUR.  And the representative I tried talking to couldn’t help me either.  He tried cancelling the order on his end and nothing.  At this point I am beyond frustrated and realize that this has nothing to do with customer service, since both people I talked to tried their best to help.  Something is definitely wrong with the system, because I can’t even upgrade my line because it says I already have a new device.  This looks like an ongoing issue that just keeps getting ignored.  So I too am definitely considering if it just might be time to part ways with Verizon.  Very disappointing. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@dexterity

We're sorry to hear that you had an order placed with Apple that was canceled, but if it was paid for and created directly with Apple, we would not have any access to it. If you had already contacted customer service where two separate reps had said that you were able to place a new order, where are you seeing that you have an open order? An open order would also indicate that nothing was canceled, and that it was placed through Verizon if it shows up in your My Orders page.

0 Likes
ragui
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ordered a phone for in store pick up on October 24, but the store did not have the phone. I cancelled my order and received an email confirmation, but it is still showing up on my account. Now I can't place a new order. I've had 3 tickets submitted by agents but nothing has been done. 

This is not good VZW

emmyyengs
Enthusiast - Level 1

i’m having the same issue somewhat. i placed an in store pick up for the iphone 12 and it sent me the confirmation email and told me that when it was ready for pick up i’d get an email. well three days pass and i have zero communication from the store i chose to pick up at (it isn’t the usual location i use and it is an authorized retailer not a corporate store) so i figure since it is the new phone that maybe they were waiting for a shipment or something of that nature. i didn’t bother calling because i was working at my two separate jobs but i had time carved out incase it suddenly became ready for pick up. now since i waited three days on the fourth day at 12:18 am i get an email stating my order was cancelled. i was confused and wasted almost two hours of my time trying to talk to the online chat agents, and neither knew what was going on. one told me that there was an issue at the store i chose to pick up at and the other said that there was nothing on my account saying the order was cancelled and it was probably a fluke and to wait for an email in the morning. 

so i wake up early to call customer support because obviously my question didn’t get answered and they told me they didn’t understand why my order was cancelled because it’s showing on their end that the order was confirmed and that’s it. so the rep calls the store and we both come to find out there was a “glitch” in the system and that they had the phone i ordered ready but the “glitch” caused me to not get a notification that it was ready for pickup. he tells the rep that it’s fixed now though and that’s it. the rep tells me to wait for the order to fully cancel before reordering and of course that’s all i can do. my bone to pick with the store is that they knew about the glitch and failed to try to even contact me. like if you found out on day three of the order waiting to pick up that there was a glitch, but yet you didn’t try to contact me? seems very unprofessional to me.

and honestly i haven’t been with verizon for that long i’ve only had them for two years now and this situation definitely has had me thinking i should switch 

and looking at all the other peoples stories on here it seems as if the reps in store are not given adequate training because all of these situations could have been prevented if they were trained the right way

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bring this to our attention. This is definitely not the experience we want our customers to have when doing in-store pick up. We are eager to get to the bottom of this! We will be sending you a Private Message, so we can continue. MoniqueH_VZW 

0 Likes
scohold
Enthusiast - Level 2

no need to repeat the issue, it is well documented.  Have same exact issue, ordered online for in store pick-up, never received confirmation email, called store only to find out they did not have the phone in stock, cancelled order, now after multiple calls/chats with Verizon, several tickets, waiting out several 24 hours, being assured it would get resolved, going on 4 days since cancellation, still can not place new order.  

scohold
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, forgot to ask,  but what is the timeframe for a cancelled order to actually cancel?  I am on day 4 since original cancellation, anyone have an idea how long I will have to wait until the order is actually canceled, allowing a new order to be placed? I see lots of posts about having similar issue, but I do not see an actual resolution timeline? Since 5G is Verizon's latest and greatest network, maybe they need to update their account management system to 5G since their current system seems to be left over from the stone age or pony express at best.       

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

scohold, we certainly understand wanting to be able to order a new device. Have you been able to order a new device since you last posed the question?

0 Likes
RYANZZZ43
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a huge problem, I'm dealing with right now! Verizon system must be from 1980! are you kidding me I have to wait another week or so to re-order my phone?They cannot seem to cancel my order. this really is unbelievable, I am considering canceling my service with this company! come on Verizon get it together! I never opened my phone, I never received my phone! and I had a ticket number that you canceled it under! But still my account is in limbo, unacceptable Verizon!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! This isn't the type of experience we want for you. We'd like to have an opportunity to help. We sent you a Private Message to further assist. - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes