How long does it take for an order to cancel
Effietti
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting incredibly frustrated and every answer I have gotten has changed the next day or just been wrong. 

I tried ordering an Samsung Galaxy S10plus online. It was supposed to take 2 days. 5 days later there has been no update and support kept telling me "in 24 hours there will be an update", there were no updates on the order. My account was charged though.

So I finally cancelled the order, assured by support that there was no fee and I would get a confirmation that it was cancelled. I have not gotten anything showing it's been cancelled. Very frustrated, I went to a locale verizon store, thinking they could confirm it's cancelled and finally get my phone. 

They were nice, but said the order has been cancelled but it has to be processed, which should take 24hrs. BUT because it's a friday it most likely would not be done till Monday. I understand they could not do anything, but do not understand why it can't go through right away. ESPECIALLY on an order that was never processed in the first place.

I check my account today just in case. (The person at the verizon store said there was a small chance it would go through today). And nothing. I talk to online support. They tell me it wouldn't go through until Tuesday or Wednesday next week!!

At this point I am beyond frustrated and I do not like to be this person, but very seriously considering switching carryers. Support has been been friendly but incredibly unhelpful and has given me a different story every time. 

I'm posting here in the hopes that anyone in a similar situation could tell me how long it took to clear up. If they have cancelled orders that were "in process". 

Re: How long does it take for an order to cancel
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are terribly sorry to read about the issues that you have had with the order that you placed. We strive to provide the best customer service and the most accurate information, and I apologize if that was the case. The last thing we want is for you to think about leaving us. How was the cancellation done? Did you get a ticket number by any chance? 

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes
Effietti
Enthusiast - Level 1

Cancellation was done over the phone. I do not have a ticket number. 

0 Likes
Robhm35_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had same issue.  Trying to order new phone and i cant because i have a "plan change pending".  I canceled the order last Thursday.   Going to Best Buy tonight and order if its not resolved before i leave work today.  Everyone tells me the system has to update.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to getting this resolved once and for all. I would love the opportunity to review the original order and the current status. I have sent a Private Note and will look forward to offering you more personalized account support. 

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Canceling an order should never take that long! However if you had received the device and needed to send it back, it definitely could take some time, but it should be resolved by now. Have you tried visiting a corporate Verizon Wireless store? Best Buy would always have Verizon agents handy, but they do not have all the systems that we would- or the store. I hope this information helps. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Chaixiong12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had this same issue too! Nobody apparently wanted to help me solve the issue, they kept giving me the run around saying they’ll resolve it or wait 7-14 days. It’s been a month and nothing! I’m thinking of switching services too because the Verizon customer service terrible!

BFassnacht
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue and customer service has been a joke.

ycantcancel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have been with Verizon for longer than I can recall with 4 lines on the account, 2 lines recently upgraded devices on.  3rd line upgrade was placed as ship to store.  Within 24 hrs of placing the order store needed to be changed due to COVID restrictions.  Told only way was to cancel and reorder, not an issue but online i could not get the cancel to occur nor could the customer care person do it so said it needed to be escalated and gave me a ticket number:4211175.  Day later account is the same- reach out AGAIN and told the same thing and another ticket in, the previous has already been closed but did not remedy.  The past attempts we via chat welcome to day 3; this time sit on hold for 48 minutes- customer care tells me no problem then surprise they are unable to make the cancel and needs to reach out to other department to remedy then appears to hang up- go silent but i wait in hopes this didn't occur- no luck the phone off hook sound begins a few minutes later.  Day 4- via chat yet again this time rep does not say they needed to input a ticket they tell me spoke with other department and is resolved. 12 hours later account is in same state; chat again- like the movie grooundhog day i get the same response and yet a new ticket 4215276.  Here it is day 5 and guess what- same ole same.

My phone screen is black and why need to get a new device so I am without a functional device for going on 2 weeks and was waiting for the SE(2020).  Having no luck with acquiring from verizon direct opted to go the best buy path, I NEED A FUNCTIONAL DEVICE, and will fight the verizon battle another day.  However; since my number is tired to an existing inprogress order I AM UNABLE to get a new device no matter what I do!!  

Sadly I will keep trying until May 1st, that is 2 days from now, because I really do not want to do the alternative but at the end of my patience level now and appears there is no alternative but to leave verizon to get enable use of a functional device and obviously take 3 others with me since and close the door on verizon sine I am the main account holder.

Good luck to anyone else but I am hopeful the original poster of this thread had success and i will luck out and my story ends the same if a verzion rep reads this.

ycantcancel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Order still stuck pending in Verizon site; found a support person to free the link to allow me place an order through best buy so got new device after a dozen attempts to get someone that was not a drone and found me a solution

0 Likes