How long do I have to wait to give away or sell my phone?
lsekhon

Hi everybody. I recently ported a number away from one of the lines on my family plan. That phone is now listed on the website as SUSPENDED SERVICE but has not disappeared completely.

How long do I have to wait before I give away/sell my phone? I want to make sure there's no conflict when that person tries to activate the phone on his/her own account.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How long do I have to wait to give away or sell my phone?
rcschnoor
Legend

The line will most likely show on your account until the end of the billing cycle. However I see no reason why the phone could not be activated on a different account/line before then.

If this is a 4G phone, the person activating the phone will need to get a new SIM card to activate it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The line will most likely show on your account until the end of the billing cycle. However I see no reason why the phone could not be activated on a different account/line before then.

If this is a 4G phone, the person activating the phone will need to get a new SIM card to activate it.

0 Likes
lsekhon

Thank you!

0 Likes
gingerspice

Hey! I have exactly the same situation. My BF has a phone he replaced with a newer model. He purchased the new one from an Apple store but the old still is on his Verizon account. 

What fees are involved, who do we call to remove the older iPhone?

Btw, what does a used, 14 month old iPhone in great shape sell for?  I like the Samsung that my friend has, a Galaxy, I think.  That big screen is great.

All help appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes