Re: How do you file a complain about a tower issue?
advcomp2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is the same issue here. I have another friend that is a true Verizon user, and he sees this issue too. He was told to schedule a time for them call him so they can see what is going on, but he only drives past this area every once in a while. So he was not worried about it any way.

I am just trying get this fixed still tho. I think Verizon does not care about this time issue when it could be an issue for paperwork if someone does not know that this should not happen.

From what I understand from people from other sources, it should be just a very simple fix. They just need to change what time zone that the tower broadcasts since the towers syncs the base time with UTC time.

0 Likes
advcomp2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

They did the same thing to a Sioux City, IA water tower. Verizon said that they had to wait till the city got done with the fixes, and Verizon gets the all clear to put the tower back up. From what I remember, all of it took about four months because of weather delays on the outside work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern, Garlog38, and we will make sure the information you've provided is submitted for review. In the meantime, you do still have the option to use Wi-Fi calling, while you wait for the service to be restored. Have you had issues at your home, or other common places?

MatthewI_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
adamb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Having the correct time showing on your device is very important, advcomp2019.  With regard to the incorrect time, if you are with another provider or MVNO, your carrier’s tech support team should be able to file a trouble ticket with our engineers regarding the incorrect time.  They would need specifics like an address or intersection to make sure that they are looking at the right tower.  Because we do not have access to your account, your carrier is the one who should submit the ticket to our engineers.

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the
Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with
this!!

0 Likes
advcomp2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can you get Tracfone/Straight Talk to report it? I have tried to get Tracfone/Straight Talk to report it, but their support people says that they can't make a report. Every time I try to get them to report it, they say I have to report it to the tower carrier which is Verizon. I always have had bad support. I like their Straight Talk plans, but support services is really hard to get things fixed. Another thing is Tracfone/Straight Talk support does not even know what VoLTE is. They think I am talking about LTE data. Plus they do not know that Verizon is dropping CDMA.

I know right where this is happening at because I have tested it a few times with a number of phones.

advcomp2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I am basically getting the run around then. Tracfone/Straight Talk is pointing to Verizon to report this, but Verizon is pointing to Tracfone/Straight Talk to report this. So there is no way to get this fix then.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the urgency to figure out what is going on in this area, advcomp2019. We are not able to file a ticket for this for you, as we require an account for our technitians to view how the network interacts with the devices, and how it affects the time zones in this area. Your carrier should be able to file a network ticket for this location as well to review how their service is being read by devices and how it can be affecting the time zone on devices passing through. While you may be roaming on other carrier's towers, you are still using their service and their devices to read this information.

JavierMD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
advcomp2019
Enthusiast - Level 2

So just telling you it is mainly on Interstate 29 between 192nd Street and Austin Avenue in the Mondamin, Iowa and Modale, Iowa area is not good enough? Outside of these points, the phones fight between the times zones. That seems to be just one tower in my opinion.

So I will never see this fixed since I have no account. I might just have to push this issue onto the news and newspapers then. Or even tell the local Verizon stores this even more because the one local store was very interest in this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I've read through the thread, advcomp2019, and I completely understand the reason that you want to get this resolved. Because you don't have an account with us, I also understand the reason you are having an issue in reporting it. I am eager to assist you. Let's first make sure we're on the same page. Your previous message indicates that you have a friend who drives the route every day, and the alarm is going off at the wrong time(s). Let me ask, is your friend with VZW? If so, please have them contact us, so we can then review the details of what is going on, as well as the location. We can initiate a ticket at that point.   

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
GARLOG38

You have the wrong person.I do have an account and my issue has nothing to do with an alarm not going off at the wrong times or time zones.My issue is you tower hasn't been put back up on the water tower so I would have a signal. All the stuff is still laying on the ground underneath the water tower.

Gary   

0 Likes