How do i get a message out to the community for opinions?
pixntink3701

I have had verizon pretty much since I've had a cell phone. Never  had a problem with signal.Now all of a sudden I am having signal issues. Have talked to several customer service people and they pretty much told me nothing they can do and tried to sell me a $250 booster. Told me I live on very edge of tower. What?? They move the tower or what????? Recently had back surgery and was home alone and needed help and could contact NO-ONE!!! (I live in somewhat of a remote area) Thank the Lord my husband stopped to check on me and found me hysterical and crying and scared. My neighbors also have a issue all of a sudden needless to say most have switched. I hate to change to different service but may not have an option I need to be secure with a phone cause I'm pretty much alone when he's working. Anyone have any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do i get a message out to the community for opinions?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use this website to find the nearest towers. AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more.

Recent signal degradation could be the result of more people using the tower exceeding it's capacity or recent construction between the tower and you blocking the line of sight between the two and reducing the signal strength. Both should be investigated by Verizon Wireless with a trouble ticket.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your zip code? How far away is this tower? A network extender or a booster can be an option. The network extender requires a landline internet service with enough bandwidth to handle the extender and your own Internet traffic. A signal booster can amplify a weak existing signal to make it more usable. Another option is to have a landline phone for emergency purposes. Sometimes in rural areas the landline phones are essential.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
pixntink3701

37865..not sure of location of tower. I guess my frustration comes because I've never had an issue before and about 6months ago started.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Use this website to find the nearest towers. AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more.

Recent signal degradation could be the result of more people using the tower exceeding it's capacity or recent construction between the tower and you blocking the line of sight between the two and reducing the signal strength. Both should be investigated by Verizon Wireless with a trouble ticket.

0 Likes
pixntink3701

Thank you for your help. I will try it..

0 Likes