How do I update my connection to nearby towers?
KRYBUS58

Several months ago I began dropping calls on routes I have traveled for years with no previous problems.  I live in metro Denver and have an Apple 6s plus.  I was recently told I could dial a number from my phone and it would update my connections with cell towers in my area.  Is this true or just and urban myth?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cell Tower Connections
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The dial code for updating the Preferred Roaming List on the basic and 3G EDVO only devices isn't used on the 4G LTE devices. A simple reboot of the phone forces the phone to refresh its connection with the network and updates the preferred tower list.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The dial code for updating the Preferred Roaming List on the basic and 3G EDVO only devices isn't used on the 4G LTE devices. A simple reboot of the phone forces the phone to refresh its connection with the network and updates the preferred tower list.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

shultj2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have reconnected to the towers before 

This doesn't help me  I have rebooted numerous times

with no help 

teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

That or Airplane Mode on and off.  Only way.