How do I turn off text messaging?
SpencerB1

I currently have an emergency line that has minimal minutes and pay-as-you-go text messaging.  Unfortunately, I have been receiving quite a few spam text messages lately, which I am forced to pay for.  What I would like to do is turn off text messaging for this line.  Is that possible?  If so, can I do it through my online account?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I turn off text messaging?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're the Account Owner and logged in as such, you should be able to block the texting feature on the line via your on-line My Verizon account:  change features > select appropriate line > block messaging, data, and other services (at the bottom of the page) > block all messaging

If you run into problems, you also can call Customer Service and have them put a text block on the line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I turn off text messaging?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're the Account Owner and logged in as such, you should be able to block the texting feature on the line via your on-line My Verizon account:  change features > select appropriate line > block messaging, data, and other services (at the bottom of the page) > block all messaging

If you run into problems, you also can call Customer Service and have them put a text block on the line.

0 Likes