How do I return a device?
Deg79

For the past week I have been trying to return my phone to Verizon. I first took it in to the Verizon store, but the return would not go through. After a discussion with customer service, it seems they do not have the authority to process a return. Trying to call the customer service numbers was similarly unsuccessful. After following the prompt the first time, expecting to hear a voice after the ringing finished, I heard what sounded like a jackhammer and the call disconnected. The second time listening to the prompts and not finding a suitable option in the first three, I pressed four, but there were no prompts after so eventually I ended the call. I would have tried mail, but seeing how the return period is so short, the time would run out before receiving a response. So here I hope to get in contact with a representative who will help me return the phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need help returning a phone.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This sounds very odd Deg79. I am sure we will get the phone returned if it needs to be. Is the phone that you received under a worry free guarantee or a warranty? If it is under a worry free guarantee, I would recommend going to a direct http://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/ store and returning it.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Deg79,

It’s truly disheartening to see that you are having issues with your equipment return. We want this to be as painless as possible. We are here to help and make sure you are in the device that will work for you. You mentioned that you had taken it to the store and the return would not go through. Was there an error that was being experienced? Where did you purchase this phone?

SandyS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Deg79

I tried returning the phone to the Verizon store I bought it from, but the system blocked them from making the return, though it was still within the return period.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This sounds very odd Deg79. I am sure we will get the phone returned if it needs to be. Is the phone that you received under a worry free guarantee or a warranty? If it is under a worry free guarantee, I would recommend going to a direct http://www.verizonwireless.com/stores/ store and returning it.
AmberF_VZW

0 Likes