How do I register a complaint?
ajhamler
Enthusiast - Level 1

No matter where I look on the Verizon site, I can't find an address -- email or snail -- to which I can send a formal complaint.

I purchased an iPad at my local store and was told by the salesperson that when it showed up on my bill that I did not have to pay it all at once -- that is, I was told I could pay it off over a few monthly billing cycles. My intent was to pay half on the next billing cycle, and the remainder on the bill following that.

I paid half on the first bill that came and it's now that second bill -- and I see that my account has been marked "past due" and I'm being assessed a (small) late fee.

I am not pleased with this.  I called customer service a few minutes ago and was told sorry, too bad, please pay.  While pleasant and friendly, the service agent cared nothing for my situation and offered no course of action to correct it other than for me to pay up.  Apparently, I now have a permanent record of a past due account and late fees.  I'm not concerned with the minor amount of the late fee, but with the fact that I now permanently have one on my record, as well as a record of a past due account which will appear over two billing cycles in my account history.

The only reason I bought the iPad when I did was because I was assured by the salesman in the store that I could pay it off over a couple of billing cycles which, obviously, wasn't true at all.  Had I know that, I would not have bought it.

Clearly, I was mislead by the salesperson but what's done is done and this is permanently a part of my payment history now.  While I can't do anything about this, I'd like to make my displeasure known to Verizon.  Any suggestions for an email address to send this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I register a complaint?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ajhamler We are available to listen and assist with your issues. We regret that there was such a disconnect in communication about payment options for your iPad. It is understandable to be frustrated with the difference in expectation. If you want an address to reach out to us, it is here at the bottom of this link. http://spr.ly/6586BkqEM; Is there anything that we can assist with here? How has your iPad been working?
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ajhamler We are available to listen and assist with your issues. We regret that there was such a disconnect in communication about payment options for your iPad. It is understandable to be frustrated with the difference in expectation. If you want an address to reach out to us, it is here at the bottom of this link. http://spr.ly/6586BkqEM; Is there anything that we can assist with here? How has your iPad been working?
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ajhamler
Enthusiast - Level 1

Joel---

Thank you for your response and the link to the mailing address.  I have sent the formal complaint (although I doubt anything will come of it).

I'd like to correct one thing you said. --  There was no "disconnect in communication about payment options for [my] iPad."  A "disconnect in communications" suggests that I could have misunderstood what I was told in the store.  That is not the case.  I was told in no uncertain terms that I didn't have to pay all at once, and that I could spread it out over a couple of payments.  Period.

I have since paid the remainder of the bill -- today, in fact, which was the regular payment-due date -- but in the past two weeks I have been subjected to a number of dunning phone calls and texts from Verizon for my "past due account."