How do I get support when I'm overseas and my phone DOESN't work! What email or chat can I use to get someone to actually provision my phone for international access?
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

I' m in Italy.  My phone won't find any service.  I don't have access to a phone to call.  I need help by non voice methods - email or chat, or maybe a skype number.  This is the 4th time I've gone overseas and after the 3 previous, I've called when I got home and been assured that the problem is fixed.  Never been fixed, and nobody will take responsibility for getting it fixed.  HELP!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I get support when I'm overseas and my phone DOESN't work!  What email or chat can I use to get someone to actually provision my phone for international access?
Not applicable

International Support - Verizon Wireless

Call toll free. Follow the directions in the link above.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: How do I get support when I'm overseas and my phone DOESN't work!  What email or chat can I use to get someone to actually provision my phone for international access?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

newvalve,

I hope you are enjoying your time in Italy! I want to make sure that the account is set up the correct way for you. You can always reach out to our global support with the information that has been provided. I also sent you a Direct Message. If you would like please respond back to the direct message and we can speak about the account specifics.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

As usual, Verizon is giving me a stock answer - call!  READ THIS CAREFULLY.  My phone didn't work, I'm not going to mess with figuring out international toll free schemes.   You REALLY need to take advantage of the fact that WiFi is pervasive - either a skype (or similar) client, or email.   I did figure out a method to call for free thanks to Xfinity, but after being on hold for 35 minutes I gave up.   I count this as yet another Verizon epic fail in international support.  Good thing the domestic network works well, or you'd be losing a customer!

0 Likes