How do I get access to employee discounts?
Clarkcj

I have a question I just got my prepaid phone a Moto G. Today, and I have activated it and all yet when I go enter my phone number in the filed to validate it says I am an account member not owner. I am the owner of the account because I bought the service. If needed and/or requested I can give you my order reference. Number if it will help. Also I thought there was a way to get the discount without having a company email but just send in a pay stub to verify your eligibility.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get access to employee discounts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd be happy to clarify all the details regarding your service, Clarkcj. Prepaid plans are not eligible for employee discounts because there is no long term service or payment contract involved with Allset Plans. If you are experiencing difficulty managing your Prepay account online, please dial 888-294-6804 from a number other than your prepaid phone or *611 from your MotoG to reach our Prepay Team who will have access to see what's causing the trouble.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Prepaid accounts do not have Account Owners, just Account Members (I've no idea why).

And you can validate employment without having a company e-mail (although I don't think prepaid plans are eligible, but I could be wrong):

Discounts by Verizon Wireless

Clarkcj

Can a Verizon Wireless Support person please reply to my question. Thanks to tikibar1, but what he says doesn't make any sense. Like why should prepaid Allset Plans Owners not Account Owners, but members they own the account they own the phone, they are paying the bill. So therefore they should be Account Owners. And, Are prepaid plans eligible for the discount program, as far as I can tell reading the FAQ for it "it" should be eligible.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It made perfect sense to me.

Prepaid plans are not eligible for employee discounts.

Prepaid accounts don't have the same access to their MyVerizon account as postpaid accounts. Therefore all prepaid accounts are setup as account members only. There is no account owners on prepaid accounts.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We'd be happy to clarify all the details regarding your service, Clarkcj. Prepaid plans are not eligible for employee discounts because there is no long term service or payment contract involved with Allset Plans. If you are experiencing difficulty managing your Prepay account online, please dial 888-294-6804 from a number other than your prepaid phone or *611 from your MotoG to reach our Prepay Team who will have access to see what's causing the trouble.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes