How do I file a complaint
nbald
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went to a verizon store to get information on the plans that were $45 a month.  Before I agreed to sign up I asked if I would still receive my 15% discount (as a government employee)  I was told yes by the sale person.  After two months of no discount I contacted Customer service and was told it may take another month but, the employee did give me the discount for that month.  The next month I called back because again no discount.  After I was placed on hold for 20 min.  I was told the discount does not come with the plan I signed up for.  I NEVER would have agree to sign up with verizon again if I did not receive the discount.   Now I get no help at all from anyone.  I was going to file a complaint with the BBB but, thought I would try this first.

Nancy

Labels (1)
Re: How do I file a complaint
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The discount you receive based on your employment is on qualified plans. This is explained in the details when you sign up. You requested a plan that does not qualify. Verizon doesn't even have to offer us a discount let alone a discount on the lowest price plan they have. This would not be an argument you will win.

Not applicable

This gets me. What exactly do you expect a BBB complaint to accomplish? People think the BBB is some magical government agency that can make companies give customers whatever they want. You know what a BB complaint will do for you? NOTHING. But hey if it make you fell better knock your socks off.

nbald
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not about if I qualify for a discount or not.  this is about businesses who lie so that you will buy there product.  I asked may time if this qualified for the discount and was told yes it did..  The sale person even made a phone call to his supervisor to double check.  I am tired of business not being truthful just to get a sale.  We as consumers suffer. Who's to say I still would not agree to a contact they did not give me that opportunity.

Randomunsename001,  No sure if you know this or not the BBB is there to protect the consumer and make the companies responsible for there actions.  You may not mind getting lied to BUT I do.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm very disappointed to see that there was any misinformation given regarding the plans that qualify for your company discount, nbald. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me https://community.verizonwireless.com/people/jenniferh_vzw back so you can send me a private message https://community.verizonwireless.com/docs/DOC-1613 with your name so I can get all your feedback to our management team.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Founa1984

Dear representative,

I have an iPhone 4s I would like to use it on gsm in another country. What can verizon do for me please since I am a customer of verizon? Thanks!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should call customer service and request the SIM unlock.  Global support might be the better contact number. International Support - Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dielaughing
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is NOT what he Verizon Sales Staff tells you when you are asking specifically about the cost, plan, and discount. Don't twist this to be negligence on the part of the potential customer. They don't have to offer a discount, you are right. But surely you can see that they do this underhandedly to get people to sign up. Very dishonest, and not a favor to anyone. More people get burned than not.

0 Likes
Dielaughing
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am with you. Why would anyone condone lying? It's a shady way of getting you to sign a contract. They did this to me as well. Google it. They do it all the time.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Simple solution...switch to a plan that is discountable. I can almost guarantee that you will pay more with the discount that for the plan you have without. You should also know that if you feel like you were lied to then you still have choices. TMobile is buying out contracts. You have nothing to lose if you were to switch. You have lots of choice. The BBB is not going to go after 1 representative at VZW for giving you misinformation. But, by all means, waste your time to accomplish nothing.

0 Likes