How do I determine what my early termination fee will be?
dbmiller8

My phone broke last week. The ear piece is distorted but it still works using a headset. I went into the store to see about fixing it. The don't work on LG Chocolates and I was told the replacement is an LG Extravert. I inquired about getting a new phone and using the value of the Extravert towards the new phone but was told they don't do that. I have been paying insurance on my phone for a couple years now and thought that meant I'd get a phone that was as good as my Chocolate. (removed) Since they would not work anything out with me(a 15 year customer with a family of 4 plan), I had them send me the Extravert. The store clerk said it was going to be there the next day. Apparently next day means over-the-weekend. So I was out of town the beginning of the week and didn't get to open the box until yesterday. The Extravert came incomplete with no battery nor back. It is also clown-red. The specs show it is clearly not an equal replacement for my Chocolate. Whatever... Anyway I got to argue with 2 Verizon reps on the phone about how it was not an equivalent phone for about an hour at one point being told that i had the option of selling the Extravert back to them for, much to my chagrin, $1. I pay $6 a month to insure my phone and they will send me a phone they value at $1!. I asked how much they would sell me the Extravert for and the rep said around $175! So you can probably see why I am not a happy customer. 15 years of loyalty and they can't do a thing to help me and don't seem to care. I realize it is not the person I talk to on the phones company and I am just one person so I am small potatoes. Again, whatever... So after the frustration of the last week, I have decided I need to end my relationship here and move on. So after venting, how does Verizon determine the early termination fee? Thanks in advance for your responses and a big no-thanks to Dorothy (removed) who was one of the exasperating folks I got to argue with for an hour yesterday...

Edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes