How do I create sub-folders?
StevenErnest
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I create sub-folders, for Documents, Images, Videos, Music...?

I've been transferring them onto my LG Transpyre with the USB cable from my Win 7 PC,

and putting them on the phone's SD card.  But having sub-folders would be awesome

to keep things organized.

Thank you all kindly!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I create sub-folders?
StevenErnest
Enthusiast - Level 3

And how can I move the items I've already put on the phone to the sub-folders?  Thanks!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the phone or phone's SD card show up as a drive letter on your PC?  Treat it like any other drive, or folder - right click and select New...Folder, name it accordingly.  Then drag the files you want to the folders you've created.

I'ts a bit more tricky to move things around via the phone and a file explorer app, but it can be done using long presses on the files and folders to get options.  But, as long as you are using the computer to move the files to the SD card, it's just as easy to create the folders and move the files wile you are on your computer.

StevenErnest
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, the SD card shows up on my PC.  I do think I was trying that right-clicking to create new folders; it was making folders fine, but I was having trouble making sub-folders... like it wouldn't let me "dig" any deeper.  I will try this again, as you suggest.

I've been experimenting, and have found an easy way to make folders and sub-folders on the phone:
Using the phone's File Manager, there's a tiny file icon on the bottom left with a + symbol.  This is to Create -- and name -- a New Folder.
To the right of that icon, is another tiny file icon with a down arrow, and this is to Move the file.

Actually very simple...  I never saw this explained anywhere, but discovered it by trial and error.

I'll have to experiment more -- now that I'm getting more familiar with this -- as to making the folders/sub-folders with the PC as you suggest.

Thanks for your reply, I greatly appreciate it!  ^_^

0 Likes