How do I complain to management at a higher level than Customer Service?
CHASAR29
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll be as brief as possible.  But, in sum, Verizon has been a source of much disappointment for my family and I over the last two years.  Poor communication with customer service has led to me losing thousands of dollars.

How?

It began with the introduction of the iPhone 7 and the promo where you effectively get it for "free".  If you'll check my account (around October of 2016) you'll see the interactions with your personnel.  Effectively, I bought two new iPhone 7 units at what should have been nearly zero dollars and ultimately paid for them in full with the payment agreements.  When I approached customer service about the issue I was told that they understand but, because it's after the fact, they can't correct it.

The most recent...  I literally just got out of the chat with your agents.  I am attaching the transcript.  Basically, it's the same outcome.  Poor communication and a misunderstanding on my part led to your agent trying to accommodate a customer.  The request was denied (unbeknownst to me) and therefore costing me additional dollars.  Here is the conversation:

[removed]

As shown, I've been with Verizon for some time.  Maybe not as long as many others.  But, "at least" 7 plus years.  During that time I would estimate I've provided Verizon revenue of greater than $15,000.00.  I currently pay $339 per month (I deducted the $29.16 device payment I was promised help on).  We have 4 users with smart phones on this account.  Calculated, that is right at $4,000.00 annually.  So, that $15k figure is very light.  How many customers can you afford to lose before you change your customer service practices?

I'm not the guy who blasts social media every time I'm disappointed by Verizon.  In fact, when I realized no satisfaction on the iPhone 7 issue I wrote it off and understood despite my "disappointment".

I don't know how far this will reach.  However, I'm hopeful it will reach those who make the decisions with regards to how your customers are handled.

Chat transcript removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
Re: How do I complain to management at a higher level than Customer Service?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Are you sure you met all terms of the promotion? If I remember correctly, to get the free phone, you had to add a new line of service on the second phone.

0 Likes
CHASAR29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Absolutely.  Trust me...  I researched extensively prior to making the purchase.   And contacted Customer Service on multiple occasions to ensure I was clear on the requirements.  Frankly, I didn't see much reason to switch from the 6S other than for the incentives.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHASAR29, we appreciate your continued loyalty and can assure you that this is certainly not the kind of experience that we would want you to have. It’s our top-priority to ensure that all of our customers are billed accurately and we wouldn’t want you missing out on a promotion that you were eligible for when you purchased your two iPhone 7 devices. We’ll be happy to further investigate this issue further for you. We’ve sent a private message to your inbox. Please respond at your earliest convenience so we may work together to resolve your concerns.

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RHOSEA46
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the first time I have done anything like this and I do not have any constructive answer to your question. I can relate very well! I recently purchased an Apple X for my granddaughter for Christmas. Verizon was offering a trade in on the old phone so I could get money back. Before making the purchase I called customer service specifically to ask if the money from the trade in had to go on the account. I was told no, that I could get the money back on a Visa gift card. I based my decision on how to handle the purchase based on this information. During the purchase process I asked the same question and was told the same thing. I could get the Visa gift card.  The money from the trade in went on the account and I was never given an option to do anything else. When I called I was told that I was given "misinformation" and there was no way to change it now. The account that received the credit is paid by my son-in-law's employer so no one in the family got that money!!! I was so angry! Myself and several other family members have been commiserating on how very bad Verizon's customer service is.

CHASAR29
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I have been contacted by Scotty of your team and replied with a phone call. I am awaiting his returned call.

My best # is [removed]

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Verizon never had promo where you got new iPhones for free.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rhosea46, being given expectations that aren't actualized is definitely not the experience we want for you. I understand that it sounds like we've previously been working with you on this situation, but I'd like to examine it with a fresh set of eyes. I've sent you a direct message, so please reply there at your earliest convenience.

KarolineD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes