How do I change the number of times my phone rings before going to voice mail?
kaokim

I want to make calls go to voice mail after 3 or 4 rings. Right now it is taking about 5 to 6 rings. Can I make this change?

Thank you!

KimberlyO

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I change the number of times my phone rings before going to voice mail?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to see your co-worker was not able to reach you kaokim. We know how important it is to be able to receive and make calls in a reliable manner. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

As advised earlier in the thread, there is a specific time it will ring, and it can't be changed. However, to make sure you're provisioned correctly, make sure call forwarding is disabled by calling *73.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I change the number of times my phone rings before going to voice mail?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's set by the system to ring for 30 seconds; sometimes using a different ringtone helps.

0 Likes
kaokim

Sometimes, like this morning, my coworker called me and it never went to voice mail - just rang and rang. Is there a way to see if this is a glitch across the board or just for a moment on my specific line?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Your phone may have features to change this.   My Note 3 and I assume Note 4 can do this.

(other than turning it off )

what at phone do you have?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to see your co-worker was not able to reach you kaokim. We know how important it is to be able to receive and make calls in a reliable manner. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

As advised earlier in the thread, there is a specific time it will ring, and it can't be changed. However, to make sure you're provisioned correctly, make sure call forwarding is disabled by calling *73.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes