How do I add a subject line in the Verizon Messages app?
ltrjr1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Can someone assist and let me know how can I add  a subject line in my text to make it into a mms. I like converting my long SMS into mms by entering a subject. I know my stalk SMS app has this option. If Verizon Messages does not have it, can it be added to the app?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Version Messages app subject line
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That menu option while composing a text is also only visible depending on how you have your settings.  For example, open the Verizon Messages app, tap Settings (the three lines in the upper left-hand corner), then tap Classic Compose Button under Customize All (if you see Material Compose Button instead, then you don't have to do anything). 

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ltrjr1,  That's a great question! It's very important to make sure you have the options to manage your messages. You can absolutely add a subject through this app. To do so, press the options button while typing a text. This will be in the top right hand corner of the page and look like three lines. From there, the option to add a subject will be available!   AndrewT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's actually the top LEFT corner options menu - but it's there.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That menu option while composing a text is also only visible depending on how you have your settings.  For example, open the Verizon Messages app, tap Settings (the three lines in the upper left-hand corner), then tap Classic Compose Button under Customize All (if you see Material Compose Button instead, then you don't have to do anything). 

ltrjr1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found it. Thank you!

0 Likes
ltrjr1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. Much appreciated

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

My app must have been having a hiccup this morning, because the menu button is now visible when composing texts whether in Classic or Material Compose setting.  You also can swipe in from the left when composing texts to get to the same menu.

0 Likes
Daedran

I too am having problems with adding a subject to mi texts. I have followed the suggestions but for some reason my message app don't have a way y do it. Can anyone anyone help ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Daedran,

We want you to be able to add a subject too. Are you using the Verizon Messages app or a different one on your phone? What make/model phone do you have?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes