Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I activate a new sim card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MicaylaDinkel,

Great question! You can go online to Verizonwireless.com and enter in your new SIM card number. This will put the SIM on your account. Then insert the card in the device. You can also contact us at *611 or 800-922-0204 to activate the card.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
MicaylaDinkel,

Great question! You can go online to Verizonwireless.com and enter in your new SIM card number. This will put the SIM on your account. Then insert the card in the device. You can also contact us at *611 or 800-922-0204 to activate the card.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ARJONAFAMILY
Enthusiast - Level 1

Where do i enter the new sim card number. Under what figure I did that to one phone last week but i forgot here i went. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help activate the new sim card. Please use the following link to access the activation portal. https://www.verizonwireless.com/vzw/browse/devicechange/home.jsp?_requestid=875388#activate/selectDe... Please go through step 1 to verify your device and then move on to activate the sim card. You will get a field to enter the sim card activation. Complete the last prompt and verify that the information is correct to activate the new sim card and enjoy your service. Please let us know if you have any questions, we are standing by to help.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
heedman
Enthusiast - Level 1

It seemed to work, but why is there a charge? I'm swapping phones between numbers and going from older phone with large SIM card to newer phone with micro SIM card. The phone was already active on Verizon in my same family account.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

heedman, we want to ensure you have the answers you need. If you performed a device change on your account and did not add a line of service or purchase a new device there will not be a charge. How much was the charge?

LauraL_VZW

0 Likes