How can a customer service agent talk to a customer this way
first_state

<< Post removed for proprietary information as per ToS >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can a customer service agent talk to a customer this way
first_state

>>Post removed for discussion of moderation.  Please send a Direct Message to moderator or admin_moderator   if you have concerns about moderation.<<

0 Likes
androiduser123
Contributor - Level 1

There are some things that are posted that are against the terms of using this site. Did you post a chat transcript?

0 Likes
first_state

I was treated badly and Verizon doesn't care I guess.

>>Post edited to remove discussion of moderation.  Please send a Direct Message to moderator or admin_moderator   if you have concerns about moderation.<<

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

androiduser123 wrote:

There are some things that are posted that are against the terms of using this site. Did you post a chat transcript?

That would be my guess too. Here is the ToS for the OP.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

first-state,

Poor treatment from our customer service team always raises our eyebrows around here. Without posting the transcript, may I ask what happened? We'd be more than happy to assist if you can paraphrase or explain the situation.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
first_state

I would think that an exact transcript would be the best. If I paraphrase it would make it seem like I am embellishing what I write. 

The chat quickly went off topic when I mentioned that the $30 upgrade fee is crazy.  You give me a phone for free but charge me $30.  I would rather you give me the phone for $30 and not charge me a fee.   I felt it was like getting a hamburger at McDonalds for free, but it was $30 if I wanted to eat it.  Customer service told me that hamburgers aren't free at McDonalds and if you get a discount they always screw up your order.  And that if you want Monopoly pieces and walked into McDonalds and say you are long time customer and wanted them for free they would say you have to buy something.  So I need to pay the $30 because all carriers charge it.  The actually nature of his conversation was very rough and I felt like he could really care less about my opinions of the company. 

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

he shouldnt care about your opinions of the company that puts food in his childrens mouths, he shouldnt take that personally but some of them do. especially when youre probably the 1000th person to call in arguing about why or why not the big corp of verizon decided to charge this upgrade fee(which non of them actually know, they make stuff up that sounds good). there should be no argument on either end. if you dont like it. dont pay it. go somehwere else. pay it there. or buy your phone outright. or keep complaining and get the fee waived like i did. i will pay it next time i upgrade. not worth the work i went through

0 Likes
melvindeville
Contributor - Level 1

also you started the hamburger argument... why cant the guy on the phone give his opinion on your analogy?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the information you've provided, first_state. I was able to locate the transcript number from your original post and forward it to a manager so the transcript can be pulled and the representative can be given proper coaching. Your opinions are important to us and customer feedback is what helps us to become a better company.

Thank you for taking the time to report this.

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes