How can I make a complaint about a retail store employee blatently lying to me?
RFIDprotect
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to a retail store in my town so my son and I could upgrade our phones.  My son's phone had to be ordered, mine was available.

I made it CLEARLY known to the store employee that I wanted to pay for both phones at the time (the charges I would have to pay for the monthly payment plan not the whole phone outright). I told him this several times and explained that my son would be walking up to the store to pick up his phone when it came in as I would be at work. I didn't want him to have to wait for me to get home as he was super excited. I said this MANY times to him. I wanted my son to NOT have to pay for anything when he came to get his phone, just get it and go.

My son just went to the store and they said I did not pay for his phone. This is complete bull and I am SO mad.

I called the store and I told them and they hung up on me.

I need to make a serious complaint about the conduct of this employee. It is completely unacceptable and he was even yelling at me that he was right.

I am beyond furious and I need to speak to someone higher than at a retail store about this.

Thank you for your time.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I make a complaint about a retail store employee blatently lying to me?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you were at a premium retailer and not a corporate store. Corporate stores will ship the phone directly to you. Only at retailers are you to return to the store to pick it up. It is because they have to "buy" it from Verizon to sell to you. They have to receive it into their inventory before you can pay for it. At a corporate store, when ordering a device you give a credit card that is charged when the warehouse ships it. Your only place for complaint is to look at your receipt and find the name of the third party company that runs this store and call their customer service line. Verizon Wireless cannot do anything for that.

View solution in original post

Re: How can I make a complaint about a retail store employee blatently lying to me?
Snn5
Legend

Did you actually pay for both phones?  Do you have the receipt?  That should have been something he took with him when he went to pick up the phone for proof.  Also, I think that the account owner or authorized representative made so by the account owner would also be required to keep just anyone from picking up a pre-paid-for phone.

0 Likes
RFIDprotect
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was a generic receipt. It didn't say what it was for. I paid $68 and was told that was for BOTH phones. I asked this MANY times.

The only other paperwork I got was for the 2 year payment plan (one for each phone) and there is nothing on there about what I paid in store.

His actions to me are pretty clear. He lied and he knows it and now he's caught and trying to tell me I'm full of it and I'm wrong. But I'm not.

He's telling me I owe another $74 and I want to contact corporate or someone higher than a retail store because that's complete [Removed].

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you were at a premium retailer and not a corporate store. Corporate stores will ship the phone directly to you. Only at retailers are you to return to the store to pick it up. It is because they have to "buy" it from Verizon to sell to you. They have to receive it into their inventory before you can pay for it. At a corporate store, when ordering a device you give a credit card that is charged when the warehouse ships it. Your only place for complaint is to look at your receipt and find the name of the third party company that runs this store and call their customer service line. Verizon Wireless cannot do anything for that.

RFIDprotect
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't really understand. It was a Verizon Wireless Store.

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 3:18 PM, sprmankalel <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Not all stores are Verizon stores. Some are third party companies selling Verizon products and service. The easiest was to tell is by your receipt. Look at the top. If it says something other than Verizon Wireless then it is a retailer. Most retailer's receipts are printed on a sheet of 8.5x11 paper.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rfidprotect, we are here for you. This is far from the experience that we want for any customer and appreciate your feedback. I have sent a Private Message so that we may gather some additional information. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes