How can I improve reception?
ChelieM
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a MiFi 5110L and live in a rural area.  How can I improve reception so pages don't freeze and go unresponsive so frequently?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I improve reception?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChelieM,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand the importance of making sure that you are getting the best service options avaiable. What kind of signal are you standardly getting? Also what zip are you in? With this device being 4G, we do always suggest to pull the sim card and reinsert in order to refresh the network. Also trying to place the device in an area of low interference is key, so windows and open areas. Do you ever lose signal completely or receive an error message? Please fill us in and try steps provided. We are ready to give you the service you deserve.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChelieM,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand the importance of making sure that you are getting the best service options avaiable. What kind of signal are you standardly getting? Also what zip are you in? With this device being 4G, we do always suggest to pull the sim card and reinsert in order to refresh the network. Also trying to place the device in an area of low interference is key, so windows and open areas. Do you ever lose signal completely or receive an error message? Please fill us in and try steps provided. We are ready to give you the service you deserve.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW

ChelieM
Enthusiast - Level 1

I routinely get -100dBm reception. I don't usually get an error message; I

just drop from 3G to 1X. I'm in 85545. I've found I get better reception

in the motorhome than I do in the house. I had such a hard time getting

the sim card in the first time I'm hesitant to take it out, but if I keep

having problems, I'll try that. I know that living so rural means I don't

get the same reception as I would in a metro area. Would installing an

antenna of some sort help reception? What type of antenna should I install?

Thanks for the help.

Michele

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information, ChelieM! Coverage can certainly be tricky in rural areas. Has the coverage always been like this since you purchased the MiFi? Pulling the sim card may help!

A Network Extender may help; however, we would need to take a closer look at your area to ensure that its compatible. I just sent you a follow request, follow back and send me a private message with the account number and your name. Please also include a contact number.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A network extender requires a hardwire broadband internet connection. That doesn't exactly work for a mifi device if it is the only internet connection.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes