How can I get better reception? Customer service has been 0 help.
dancyfits
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in a high population neighborhood in the middle of a large city in the San Francisco Bay Area and I've had bad reception since the day I moved here over 7 years ago.  I'm lucky if I can get 1 bar on 3g, forget about 4g.  If I want to have a phone call that doesn't cut in and out, I have to drive half a mile away from my house.  Again, I by no means live in a fringe area.  Poor signal also cuts majorly into battery life.

I've tried chatting with Verizon online, I've tried calling customer service, and I've had a 3rd party (getservice.com) call multiple times.  The best answer I can get is something among the lines of "we recognize that you've had this problem for 5+ years".  I need a solution!  I would think that given the area I am in, fixing the service here would be a priority to Verizon.

I see that there's a network extender, but it costs $250!  Why should I have to pay that when I've been paying Verizon ~200 - 300 dollars a month for over 10 years and am in an area that by any reasonable standard should have at least functional coverage?  It seems the cheapest way to solve my problem is to switch to T-Mobile, considering they'll pay for all my switching costs and I already know that they have good coverage here.  I'd rather not deal with that, but what else can I do?  Loyalty can only be stretched so far.

Last chance, Verizon.  Who do I have to talk to to get this issue addressed with a reasonable solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I get better reception? Customer service has been 0 help.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hear you loud and clear, Daniel. I am a consumer too, and I truly understand your need to improve service in your home. While we make our best effort to provide all our valued customers with the best wireless experience, several factors outside of our control can impact radio signal and the quality of your service. Indoor service can be even more impacted due to structural interference (again outside of our control).
Other customers in your situation take advantage of the Network Extender http://spr.ly/6583BbHwU as this device was specifically designed to improve indoor signal.

What is your ZIP code? We’ll take a closer look at your area and check coverage for you.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hear you loud and clear, Daniel. I am a consumer too, and I truly understand your need to improve service in your home. While we make our best effort to provide all our valued customers with the best wireless experience, several factors outside of our control can impact radio signal and the quality of your service. Indoor service can be even more impacted due to structural interference (again outside of our control).
Other customers in your situation take advantage of the Network Extender http://spr.ly/6583BbHwU as this device was specifically designed to improve indoor signal.

What is your ZIP code? We’ll take a closer look at your area and check coverage for you.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dancyfits
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd rather not share my location publicly.  And if you read my message, you'll see my complaint about the network extender.  I don't think it is fair that I should have to pay for it.  Especially when it seems like it might not help much Report bad service.  The fair solution I am seeking here is for a no cost resolution of my poor signal issue.  I understand that you might not be able to make that happen.  If that is the case, I'd like to be put in contact with someone who can.

0 Likes
dancyfits
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd also like to clarify that this is not just an indoor problem.  The entire surrounding area for about a half mile in each direction has poor to no reception.  Again, this is in the middle of the city.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Switch. T Mobile will even give you an AC router for Wi-Fi calling if needed.

Tidbits
Legend

$25 deposit, but essentially free. Give it back and everything checks out you get your $25 back.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Also don't think it's an AC router anymore. They stop giving out the Asus routers early last year for a cellspot thing.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

They still give them out. Used to charge a $25 deposit....but no longer. They also send personal 4g cellspot extenders free.

Snn5
Legend

Sorry.....the Asus AC 1900 is still available.

0 Likes