How can I find out if poor service is due to tower problems?
kwm1

Have never had good service at my home, but with a booster it was ok. Recently bought an newer booster with a directional antenna, and it is not receiving any signal at all. There have been a lot of storms in our area, so how do I know if the problem is the booster, or cell tower problems? I called tech support but they only showed problems with a tower over 100 mi away from my address.  I kept telling her it was too far but she insisted it was "my" tower.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I find out if poor service is due to tower problems?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kwm1,

We want to make sure you are getting the best signal possible in your home. Let's check out this booster for you. Is the new extender the Samsung Network Extender?  Here is a link to see if this is the same extender that you recently bought: http://vz.to/18OsD8A. If this is the unit you purchased, what are each of the lights showing? Please keep us updated.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
kwm1

It is not your booster, because we don't have hi speed internet to use it. It is a WeBoost, with a directional outdoor antenna, booster, and indoor antenna.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Did you get Verion's permission to use this device. From the booster's website

THIS IS A CONSUMER DEVICE.

BEFORE USE, you MUST REGISTER THIS DEVICE with your wireless provider and have your provider’s consent

0 Likes
Not applicable

Also I like to add that a booster will only boost signals it receives it can't create signals. If the signals it's receiving are weak there is only so much it can do. And while boosting signals it also boosts noise. So a weak signal that likely has a low signal-noise ratio, as I said it will only do so much.

0 Likes
kwm1

Yes, I registered it online. My main concern is how do I know if the booster is not working because of weather related problems with the towers? And finding out where towers are located. I have used a couple of different websites, and they show completely different locations.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kwm1, we want to make sure that all of your network extender concerns are addressed. The LED status indicators on your Verizon Wireless Network Extender tell you if your device is functioning correctly. Additionally, there are two ways to verify that you're connected to the Network Extender network. You can call #48 from your mobile phone to hear an announcement or listen for a short double tone on your mobile phone whenever making or receiving a call.

Click http://vz.to/1i37AzC for more device support and information regarding the network extender.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes