How can I find out if my number has been jacked?
mmartinez393

Someone left a message on my phone saying that they received a call from me and left a message in Spanish (I don't speak Spanish) and the number that called me I have never called.  About a month ago, I received a call from a cell number and the person left a message all in Spanish.  How can I check to see if my number has been jacked?  This happen to anyone else? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I find out if my number has been jacked?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can see why you would be concerned, mmartinez393. Those are some strange occurences. However, no need to worry about a cloned device. Our new technology makes it impossible for this to happen. It's more likely that your number was given to someone in error. Perhaps they transposed a number. Have great weekend.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It could be a number that was previously owned by a Spanish speaking person.

0 Likes
jimho
Enthusiast - Level 2

check your bill online and look at the call details. Are all the calls yours?

0 Likes
pat4187

my account was hacked. someone somehow ordered 3 phones.. and then shortly after one of my phones was cloned. I had no access to my phone for days.. one of the other phones on my plan was down for a week...my bill in August was $135K.. It is december.. and my account is still not correct.. I pay my normal monthly bill..and everytime I check in to Verizon Wireless it tells me I am past due.  When I call and check the status of the credit. I ask for 2 free upgrades for my inconvenince.. Iam told no.. for all my inconvenience I should get several upgrades.. But anyone  ChaunceyM_VZW  cloning does exist...  As a Verizon rep you should have the correct information before you reply..

0 Likes
EpJayhawks12
Contributor - Level 1

Is this a new number, within in the last 6 months?
Did you give out your number to anyone you didn't know?
Have you tried to block the number?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pat4187,

Thank you for reaching out to us today regarding your bill concerns. It is never good to hear when an account has been interfered with, causing fraudulent activity. Since you stated this went on back in August, have you gotten in touch with our fraud department? We take these types of issues very seriously and want to make sure your account is correct and up to date. Please let us know how we can further assist with your account so that something of this matter will not be repeated.

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

-

Fraud Team:

888-483-7200

0 Likes
pat4187

I am on first name basis with the Fraud Dept.  Wireless needs to credit the taxes that came along with the 135K phone bill.  Am rapidly losing patience... and gaining concern over the safety of my account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pat4187, wow! That's an outrageous bill. We're glad to hear that credits were applied to resolve this matter. When manual credits are applied to your account, an additional credit for the applicable taxes and surcharges will reflect on your next billing statement. I hope that this information eases your frustrations.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes