How can I delete vzw.blackberry.net email account?
LisaO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Upgraded phone (Verizon still provider), but now have a gmail account.  Don't need vzw.blackberry.net account anymore.  How can i delete it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I delete vzw.blackberry.net email account?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a blackberry, I don't think you can delete it.  You can simply not use it.  I have several email accounts on my BB, the vzw.blackberry.net among them, but I haven't ever used that account.  It's just there.

0 Likes
LisaO
Enthusiast - Level 2

No longer have a personal Blackberry. Upgreaded to Samsung stratosphere. Thoughts?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since the only way to access the email is on the device itself, and you no longer have a BlackBerry, there's really no need to "delete" it.  That account needs to be established to allow you to receive email on the BB, whether through BB or another pop3 account.  Can I ask why you want/need to delete it?

0 Likes
LisaO
Enthusiast - Level 2

To tell the truth, I LOVED my bberry. But when my husband lost his LG cell last weekend, we went into verizon to get replacement phone for him. The upgraded LG he wanted was no longer offered. So salesman pointed out the 2 for 1 special on Samsung Stratosphere (Android). I HAD been wanting to upgrade for more space to hold pics and better camera on a cell, and since Strat had slide to reveal and "real" keyboard, thought we'd give it a try. I hated it so much, I tried to return it that same night I bought it. Couldn't return it then tho cuz my husband had the "free" one and had gone out of town for bsuiness. So I was stuck with it for 3 days til he returned. In that time, I got kinda used to it. Bberry still has beeter/easier texting tho. I have another bberry thru my work, and still prefer it over touchscreen. Having said all that, it seems my vzw.blackberry.net email won't morph over to the Strat. So I don't need that email address anymore, much to my dismay, as I used it a lot. Nothing to hide, just didn't think it needed to waste any electrons.

More than you probably wanted to know, but wanted you to know I resisted giving up my bberry.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks for the response Lisa - I, too, love my BB, though I don't use the BB email address at all.  And you are correct, the address won't "morph" over to the Stratosphere - it's exclusively for use on the BB platform.

I chuckled over the "wasted electrons" - there must be millions of stray electrons out there if you consider all the abandoned email addresses there are. Try to 'cancel" an email with yahoo or earthlink - you can't.  You just stop using it and after a certain period of time (some companies) do inactivate them.  I don't know what the policy is on the BB email, but I would assume if it is not attached to an active account, it eventually goes away.

0 Likes