Re: How am I racking up shared data usage when I'm not even in North America?
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

When traveling internationally, I don't turn on airplane mode because I want to receive calls and texts. But I do turn off cellular data in settings to prevent roaming. An exception to doing that would be if you add Verizon's $25/100MB international data plan.

I_dRatherSpeakWithAHu
Enthusiast - Level 3

I contacted Global Services last week, Dec. 20.   I was told the Fraud Unit would investigate.  It's now Dec. 26, going on Dec. 27, and no one has done anything tangible regarding my account.  Chat service tells me nothing has been done on my "investigation," at least according to the digital record of my account.  In the meantime, auto-pay cut in and paid the full $300 including $123 in disputed charges.  What a bunch of bozos.  I was warned not to use Verizon, but I gambled on it having its customer-service act together.  Apparently, it does not.

BTW, to all the smarties among my peers who think they're telling me something I don't know, you aren't.  I've been using cell and smartphone service since it first went commercial overseas, way before here.  I always turn off the phone service when abroad.  And I tell all my correspondents to use Skype, as I do, via free wireless services at home and abroad. Stop scolding in Verizon's behalf.  They know what happened. It's up to them to now to make me whole.  Happy new year.

0 Likes
I_dRatherSpeakWithAHu
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon resolved this issue with a full credit for my charges supposedly accrued overseas.

0 Likes