Re: How Do I Subscribe To The Mobile Hotspot?
jfh00jfh
Enthusiast - Level 1

That link doesn't seem to have anything to do with turning on a mobile hotspot

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We will get your Mobile Hotspot up and running! I have sent a Private Note so tha we can review the current account setup. I will look forward to working with you further. - YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
wat1243
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have this same issue. I have the play more unlimited plan with hotspot included but when I try turning it on it says I need to subscribe to the mobile hotspot service. It gives me a link, but does not lead to any relevant information

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to see this fixed. What's the make and model of your phone? How long has this been happening?

TabithaJ_VZW

0 Likes
Em18
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello I have the the start unlimited plan on a Samsung galaxy 10 and I am getting the same message telling me to subscribe to the hotspot service. How can I fix this?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Em18 wrote:

Hello I have the the start unlimited plan on a Samsung galaxy 10 and I am getting the same message telling me to subscribe to the hotspot service. How can I fix this?

The Start Unlimited Plan doesn't include the mobile hotspot feature. You need to change to a plan that does include the mobile hotspot feature like the Play More Unlimited Plan or the Do More Unlimited Plan. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Em18, making sure you are aware of your options to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature on your device is important. @Ann154 has provided accurate information pertaining to the Start Unlimited Data plan. This plan does not include the Mobile Hotspot feature. You will have the available option to switch to one of our other Unlimited Data plan options such as the Play More, Do More or Get More Unlimited Data plan in order to be able to enable the Mobile Hotspot feature. Does this help?

Please follow this link to review all of the Unlimited Data plan options that we offer www.vzw.com/unlimited.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
Jbrowning

I am having the same problem and was on hold for two hours until 9 when the time is up for the support line about ready to cancel everything

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

So sorry to hear about the issues with enabling mobile hotspot on your service and issues with getting help, Jbrowning. We would never want you to consider leaving the Verizon family and it's vital that we figure this out as we understand how useful this feature is. As has been mentioned earlier in this forum, the Start Unlimited plan does not have mobile hotspot included so if you have that plan, you would want to get a plan that does include it and you can view all of our unlimited plans here: vzw.com/plans/unlimited If your plan does support the feature, we're happy to take a closer look at this and you can check the Private Note we have sent. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
aw25

Having the exact same issue...the verizon rep said it was part of my plan, but then when I try to turn it on, it says I need to subscribe to the service...I've seen a bunch of people post about this.

0 Likes