How Do I Subscribe To a Mobile Hotspot?
STAMCD59
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a planned account, and I really need to use my mobile hotspot right now. What do I have to do? Mobile hotspot is included in my features so how do I subscribe?

Labels (1)
Re: How Do I Subscribe To The Mobile Hotspot?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A planned account? What is that? You should call customer service at *611 from your phone and request they check your account to verify that you add or use the mobile hotspot feature on your line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

More Everything and newer plans have mobile hotspot built in. You just need to turn it on on your phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having the mobile hotspot feature available is super convenient, STAMCD59. Here is how to turn in on with most phones. http://vz.to/2kguJLN

Ann154 is correct. You should verify if your account includes the mobile hotspot. As sprmankalel, points out the More Everything and newer Verizon plans, have the mobile hotspot included with your data.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: How Do I Subscribe To a Mobile Hotspot?
johnjose253
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using the KYOCERA phone and it says that i need to subscribe to the mobile hotspot service but it will not let me

CALynn22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same problem sonce I activated my new phone. My new phone says I have to subscribe to use my mobile hotspot. 

Right before my new phone arrived at the door I was using hotspot on my old phone. We pay for the more expensive unlimited plan just for the hotspot alone....

So activate new phone now hotspot won't turn on. Call and they say it's in the plan all that doesn't make any sense.

My wife then takes my old phone...

2 hours or so after we were just using its hotspot and I got my new phone in the mail activated.... 

So she takes it into verizon and gets the same plan I had on it.. Get home and now it's saying the same exact thing that she has to subscribe to use hotspot and to call..

Calls the number which it provided (same as I did when it said it on my new phone)

They go through the same process trying to figure it out this was yesterday. Friday 8/9/19

Nobody on any level can figure out how to get the hotspot to work or why it's not working. They are trying to figure it out. And said alot of customers are having this problem and that they are working on it that it should work within 48 to 72 hours.......

If someone figures it out before they let us know something I'd love to know what to do because we use our hotspot for alot of things including school and work in which my wife has things due this weekend and doesn't know what she's going to do now.......

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As someone who always uses my own mobile hotspot feature, I realize how important it is.  Let’s get to the bottom of this.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
cdubbs97
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact problem ...but for 2 1/2 months now

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cdubbs97, We're sorry to hear that you're having problems with activating Mobile Hotspot, we're here to help. What's the make and model of your phone? What plan are you on?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
jfh00jfh
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the Kyocera Pro 2 and Do More Unlimited plan.  The phone tells me I need to supscribe to turn the mobile hotspot on.  Our plan on my verizon shows that I have the mobile hotspot included.

0 Likes