How Can I Report A Tower LTE Outage In Dixmont, ME?
hoopyfrood

On Nov 28, 2016 LTE signal was lost from the Dixmont, ME Verizon tower in both Troy and Unity, Maine (several miles WSW of the tower). The outage began during some heavy rains. There have been heavy rains, snow and freezing conditions since. The LTE signal returned briefly during the day on Nov 30, but went away again overnight and has not come back since.

The tower is located in Dixmont, ME ZIP 04932. The tower Lat./Long. are: 44.702500 / -69.079167

Again the outage is in the WSW direction from the tower, I cannot report if other directions are effected.

I can't place phone calls reliably so this is the only way I can report this. We get mostly 1xRRT coverage now and only occasional windows of eHRPD coverage.

Please respond in this thread or contact me via private message with any outage/repair information available or if you need any further information from me.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tower LTE Outage - Dixmont, ME ZIP 04932
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Find a landline phone and call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 to report the outage. That is the only way to report an outage to Verizon Wireless.

By the time the roaming VZW reps see this post on the peer to peer community forum.,the tower might be fixed and the reps won't see anything in their system showing an outage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Find a landline phone and call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 to report the outage. That is the only way to report an outage to Verizon Wireless.

By the time the roaming VZW reps see this post on the peer to peer community forum.,the tower might be fixed and the reps won't see anything in their system showing an outage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
hoopyfrood

Wow, all the other previous posts I found along this line had the first response from VZW reps. So I thought this was the "right" way to do it.

Ann154, you are a peach. Thank you so much for doing what Verizon SHOULD be doing. I'll find a land line tomorrow. We're in a VERY rural area so this is not an easy thing to navigate, but I'm sure there are not a lot of customers to bring it to VZW attention as well.

We'll see what happens. Again, thank you for the advice!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What you probably didn't notice was the time between when the OP wrote the post and when the VZW reps replied. Also there are just as many threads where the community members advised the same thing that I did above.

0 Likes
hoopyfrood

Very true! I did not note the time difference. Thank you for the help! It's a shame you and the other helpful people on here aren't paid. You're doing a better job of customer service than the company is!

There is no power company of any significant size that doesn't post obvious "how to report an outage" instructions on their websites.

If the answer is simply to call the number, why isn't that a banner on the Verizon "Contact Us" page?

You're working for free AND answering questions that should not have to be asked in the first place! At least congratulate yourselves on being fine folks. But Verizon is falling down on the job here BIG TIME.

Regardless, thank you again!

0 Likes