Horrible treatment in store.
Chtf8184

I Have been a long time Verizon customer over 10 years. Today I got my bill and had some very serious concerns about the total and certain charges. I called customer service and while the lady was trying to be helpful her hands were tied. Her advice was because my issues were in relation to an in store transaction to go into the store. So I did. Now normally I have a good experience because I always deal with Steven or Vince however Steven did t show up till after I had already started addressing the issue with someone. Upon arriving in the store it was almost as if you could sense it was going to be a bad day. I started explaining my problem and immediately the guy I was speaking to looked confused and the manager on duty took over. It was instant that his reaction to be being there was condescending. Like he was looking down his nose at me. The woman on the phone had tried calling the store to help me resolve the issue and she had relayed that the manager seemed very uninterested and unwilling to deal with my issues. His version was that the lady hung up on him while he was pulling up receipts. Based off today's happenings I'm inclined to believe the lady I spoke to.

I Will be the first to admit that sometimes my delivery can be off however I was done being mad and looking for some kind of resolution. Instead I was left waiting at the counter while the associate who assisted in the original transaction stood there playing on his computer. I wouldnt be surprised to find out that the ones in the back with the manager were trash talking me because I was there about a financial issue. As soon as money got brought up I felt like I was being treated like a thief. I can pay my bills but I don't like surprises with my bills. I was told I would get two $25 credits for the new edge agreements now I only get one. I wasn't informed of the two $45 tax charges. When I brought this up the manager snidely said well you have to pay tax sometime. That is something I already knew however I didnt know I was paying the full amount for two $700+ phones at once. Also when I paid my bill my account showed the first equipment charge, the refund for the first equipment charge and the new charge. When I paid the bill I paid for that last charge and now it's being double charge. Obviously somewhere there was a glitch. I have never ever been treated so crappy by someone I. Customer service ever in my life. To be treated and spoken to like I am an idiot is not fun. In fact it is horrible and I am so glad when I worked in customer service I can say I NEVER treated someone like that.

I Know that I can come across a bit dry when I talk and I swear like a sailor but there was never a moment where I deserved to be spoken to condescendingly or where i should have been treated like a piece of shit. I will not be back to that store for a damn long time. When I do go back I won't deal with anyone but Steven. Steven is a great employee and a great manager, the rest of them should take a step back and think about how they would like to be treated as a customer. I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate walking out of a store in tears over being treated so shabbily. I am seriously considering taking my $350 a month a

eelsewhere. Somewhere I can get the service I deserve and not be treated like a thief or dummy who can't add 2 and 2.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible treatment in store.
Angryphone
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand and feel your frustration after the visit I had to my local store yesterday.  I left Verizon a few years ago due to price, I always had good customer service, now that the price is where I want it the poor customer service will drive me away this time.  Like you I had a manager who didn't care about my concerns nor seem to care if I ever got my issue resolved.  All they seem to care about is how many new subscribers they singed this quarter and not worry about the customers they have since they usually have us locked in for two years.  Very unhappy with the "customer service" Verizon is providing.

0 Likes
Not applicable

fist of all if you have 2 active Edge plans you get 2 Edge discounts. As far as the tax. Yes you have to pay sales tax on the full price of the phones. Your state requires that. Surely you do not expect Verizon to foot that bill.

0 Likes
Chtf8184

Mrhelper. I do not expect Verizon to foot the bill and considering I had another device previously done as a payment plan speel I asked ahead of time if there are any extra charges for the first bill, activation fee, upgrade fee etc. Nothing. Since I was told nothing then I was under the impression that like my other device done by payments the tax was incorporated through the payment period for the device. As for the two edge plans two edge discounts. Nope not for my plan.

I'm not asking for a bunch of freebies and give me two phones for free and I'm never paying my bill again. I expected effort from the associates to help me or at least be willing to not being a condescending jerk because I was mislead and uninformed about financial things I was and am smart enough to want to know about. I could care less about paying my bill but I am adamant I know where my money is going and like 97% of the country I don't have unlimited funds. It's also Christmas time I have three little girls who would like to enjoy Christmas by being able to go and see family for the break. It really pissed me off to be treated like I wasn't worth the time, that I'm some cheap skeezer coming in month after month unable to pay my bill. I was treated like I was less than them and that I was too stupid to comprehend a bill. I am in charge of all my financials. My husband couldn't begin to say what any of our bills are or how to do an upgrade or even our account password. Lol. What those associates did and how they acted was wrong.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Chtf8184 wrote:Mrhelper. I do not expect Verizon to foot the bill and considering I had another device previously done as a payment plan speel I asked ahead of time if there are any extra charges for the first bill, activation fee, upgrade fee etc. Nothing. Since I was told nothing then I was under the impression that like my other device done by payments the tax was incorporated through the payment period for the device. As for the two edge plans two edge discounts. Nope not for my plan.

So let me get this straight so you see a phone cost $600 and the payments are for 24 months and $25 a month. Simple math says that's $600 so where do you get that the tax was included in the payment?

As far as the Edge discount you SHOULD be getting 2 discount if you have 2 Edge plans. I don't care what they guys at that store say.

0 Likes
Chtf8184

Mrhelper I'm not being obtuse or dense in any way. When I did my previous device the payments were roughly 52 a month, in reality I pay more than that due to taxes. So when I asked about and fees or anything extra and was told there were none I was under the impression like the previous device the taxes etc would be added into that lines bill. I was expecting it to be the 32 payment, minus the 25 promotion, with additional taxes etc. I figured each agreement would cost 15-20 a month not including the smart phone fee because we already have that in our bill.

I knew I would have to pay tax, I knew the bill wouldn't be as simple as they make it sound. I just prefer I know about any additional charges or fees I may have because I have a budget and I need to know so I can allot for anything extra. It's very likely that's the reason my vet gets annoyed. Every time I call I ask for an over estimation, I have savings just for my dogs health care because I learned the hard way when he ate our Christmas savings for emergency surgery. I like being prepared and I need to know what is going on financially. At least until my money tree starts sprouting $100 bills. 🙂

0 Likes