Re: Horrible service and getting worse
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DianeSeldon, I know how important reliable service is to your, and I would never want you to experience anything less. Let's work together on this. Is this the only location you are experiencing issues? Are you able to make and receive calls at all?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
carlo_bos
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same in Island Park, ID 83429. Service used to be okay, this year it's none existant. Both my dedicated Jetpack hotspot and my Samsung S10 5G phone get no data service. My son's Sprint network gets better service at a fraction of the price. With mobile data costs among tge highest in the world I would expect better service. https://www.visualcapitalist.com/cost-of-mobile-data-worldwide/

srb2165
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, if what you say is true "not ready to lose you" then you better get your dirt together.  I have phoned customer service to report poor service on at least 5 occasions.  Each time, nothing gets any better.  IN FACT, it is getting progressively worse as time passes.  I used to pay a higher amount for the service because it WAS superior in my opinion.  However, now that is definitely NOT the case.  I feel that I can no longer justify the higher price for inferior (used to be superior) service.  I do not mind paying more for things as long as they work.  This simply is not the case anymore with VZW.  Extremely disappointed.  Shortly after calling with a complaint, time after time, I quickly get updated via text that it is appreciated that I brought a problem to their attention and that it is resolved but nothing changes.

jlv5
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wow.  I'm not alone.  I am that exact customer in Twin Cities area.  5 lines, $4k a year paid to Verizon.  Have had Verizon for at least 15 years.  The last year (or more) there are now a dozen spots around my home that just don't have enough service to carry on a phone call.

It's gotten to the point where I do not even make a call if i know I going to be coming or going from my home in SEVERAL directions.

I have called Verizon over the years because it's always been bad.  But now it has become literally unusable.  

What is going on Verizon.  How can service be getting WORSE?

calvinjm
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same.

And they tell me to use a Network Extender for my home, and it also doesn’t work. 

I’m fine with staying connected Wi-Fi at my home, but asking me to stay on Wi-Fi while I’m mobile, or going somewhere that is reported as being covered under their network is asinine and a total waste of my time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@srb2165

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way. While we would always want to know if you are having some sort of connection issue, there are factors beyond any carrier's control that can result in some areas not having a very good connection compared to other locations. We do have indoor options that get around these issues, such as Wi-Fi Calling that is already included in your services: https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/ , but it will require access to home internet. Have you been able to use that yet? You also mention receiving text updates about a resolved problem, but what exactly are those referring to? Do they provide you with a link to click on for more information to the issue?

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for authenticating your account. Please confirm your current address. Let's take a closer look into the area. JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
bensonverde
Enthusiast - Level 2

@JohnT_

This. 100%. I've got the same issue, and it's an issue that's been going on in my area for my entire life. The hardest part has been finding someone at Verizon who understands where I'm coming from. Most people treat it as a troubleshooting issue with my phone. Our dead zone is located 5 miles south of Canandaigua, NY 14424, along Route 21 South. An exact address so you can see where I'm talking would be 4244 State Route 21 South, Canandaigua, NY 14424. That's the little Sunoco gas station/general store. They have wifi there which helps, but driving through that area, no matter what phone you have, ALL verizon calls drop, signal bars disappear, and text messages don't go through, all the time, literally all the time, 24/7. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bensonverde,

That sort of service would definitely concern me as well. We want you to have the service you need. I looked into that address and I show there should be solid coverage there. How long do you have no service there before the phone finds some signal again? 

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
Jellis0713

North east NC and south east VA. Service went from great to garbage!! will be switching to T-Mobile as soon as I can. It is my understanding its because Verizon has shut down 3G towers in the area that was the backbone of the 4G network. Verizon should change their slogan to "Pay more for less"!! 

0 Likes