Re: Horrible service and getting worse
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to have adequate service for all your devices, to stay connected. We are happy to assist you in any way possible. To clarify, are you having issues with calls, texts and data?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
eliner33
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Ithaca, NY.  Zip code is 14850.  We (family, friends, associates) have experienced a very noticeable decline in reception/coverage in our area over the past couple of years and it seems to be getting worse.  Areas that once had reliable reception have become completely unreliable.  Dropped calls occur regularly.  I feel like we've turned the clock back 7 years on cell service.  Things are defintely moving in the wrong direction.  My comment is primarily about voice calls as I don't spend a lot of time online when away from wireless.

Thanks,
Eric

dssoper
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem ever since I got a new phone and we updated our family plan to the current"better" deal. 

I use my phone for work and I have been struggling to get any work and it keeps saying repeatedly that my connection has been lost....in very open areas with plenty of coverage to be had.  

I may not be able to pay rent because of this. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It worries us to hear of the issues with degrading service over the years. It is our priority to ensure you have reliable service, and we will do everything in our hands to help. What does your device reflect for signal in these areas? You mentioned you don't use much data around these areas. Do you texts? If so, what is your experience when texting?  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dssoper, we understand that staying connected and reliable service is essential. We'd love to get to the bottom of these service issues. Please tell us, are all the lines on your account impacted? Does this happen both indoors and outdoors? What signal (4G LTE, 3G, 1x, No Service) does your device display? Also, may we confirm your zip code, please?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
andrewjmok
Enthusiast - Level 1

Cornelius, NC same issue. Service has degraded to the point we need to switch providers. It’s all over as well, I travel around the country a lot. I have noticed bars are down everywhere (along with the speed).

jwathas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same situation here.  We live in Maine and we were with Verizon for about 13 years (2005-2018).  We were very loyal customers and never had any major issues with the service.  Then, about a year and a half ago, we switched over to T-Mobile because their prices were much better than anything Verizon could offer us at the time and they had a great unlimited plan.  We have had excellent coverage with T-Mobile and great data speeds and never had a single problem with them.  Well, my husband recently started a new job with a company who offers their employees a very generous discount on Verizon Wireless service, so we decided to take advantage of that discount and switch back.  We received our SIM cards yesterday and ported our numbers over.  The service is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!   We only get one bar of signal in our house and we are getting NO data speeds.  It takes FOREVER just for Google to load, if it even loads at all (it sometimes just times out).  I ran several speed tests and we are only getting anywhere between 0.37 Mbps and 1.5 Mbps.  It's awful!!!  We always got between 25 and 30 Mbps with T-Mobile and it was great.  I have spent HOURS on the phone with Verizon and have troubleshooted it to no end.  We have reset our network settings on our phones and Verizon reset some things on their end, but the problems persist.  We are not going to pay for a service that we can't even use.  We are extremely disappointed and we are seriously considering going back to T-Mobile, where we had great, solid, reliable service.  We are going to give it 24 hours to see if the service improves, but if it doesn't, we are going back.  Verizon did admit to me that they have been making some changes to their network recently and said that we are now in what is considered a "marginal" coverage area.  I guess Verizon is now focusing more on bigger cities and they are essentially abandoning more rural and suburban customers.  Very sad.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
andrewjmok, we never like to see that you are having service issues. We certainly would not want to lose you over this. I checked out Cornelius and we do not have any known or reported issues there. It concerns me that you are having issues everywhere. This usually points to either your device or possibly plan you are set up on. How long have you been seeing issues? What exactly is being effected: calls, texts, and/or data?

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
TuscanyIron
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in California. I have driven the same route from work to home for the last 3 years. Over the last 6 months my service is now dropping call on 1-5 The Main Interstate that runs the full length of Calif. In the Red Bluff to Sacramento section of I-5  my calls drop multiple times. In between 505 and Interstate I-5 there is now no service. But there had been for the last 3 year. I notice that everytime I drive by a cell tower that is being serviced within days I lose some coverage in that area. So what's up Verizon?? Pay more for less coverage. I know it worked before.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tuscanylron, I commute myself, and having service while I'm driving is important to me too. If you're having trouble, that's something we want to look into together. We want you to get the full value of your services. I took a look where I-5 and I-505 intersect, to see what kind of coverage is there. I see there's a pair of towers there. When you mention getting No Service in that area, is that what's displayed on your phone, or do you see something else for the signal? If you've traveled this route with another VZW customer, do they see something similar happen with their phone?

JohnT_VZW