Horrible experience switching to Verizon
PARKAN11

I have switched 5 lines with trade-in  to verizon during black friday and having horrible experience with two of the trade in.

Line xxx-X472 -  Bought iphone 7 with S6 trade in - Initial estimation and trade-in says $649 but we get final mail stating it is only $125 as there is no valid promotion

xxx-X958 - Bought pixel xl with s6 trade in. Phone came after 40 days and when we trade-in S6 it says $125

We have called customer care multiple times and chatted multiple times , every time they ask all details as if it is new complaint , false promises that it would be fixed but nothing. Wasted hours of time on it. Had asked customer care to escalate to next level manager and they bluntly refuse sayign there is nothing to escalate.

There is no email id anywhere to send official customer complaint.

Crappy experience moving to Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible experience switching to Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PARKAN11, your time is valuable to us and we don't want you to have any remorse about joining our network. Did you contact our Trade in team by phone at 800-416-8894 to confirm why your devices appraised for that value?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PARKAN11

As stated we have called all helplines and chat multiple times , each time it being treated as new case.

Line x472 - When we submitted itself in dec 1st week , verizon mapped the trade in request to wrong number and we got different answers every time , ex1) mapped number will be corrected 2) mapped number does not matter , only mapped and traded imei matters etc. And finally we got this $125 as confirmation. Today's status is verizon trade in team has resubmitted case for line -X472 to reevaluate it???

Line x958 - Till yesterday we were told trade in will be cancelled so that we can submit new. Today we are told to make the line as account manager to start looking into our complain.

We are definitely not coming back to verizon once this trade in contract is done. The above two lines might leave sooner itself if trade in is not resolved as it is total loss.

0 Likes
linda18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Going through similar nightmare. Hope you find a resolution soon!

0 Likes
PARKAN11

Now even third line has. iphone5c traded in, which was appraised for $299 is final appraised for $30.

Not sure how to handle this. Worst wireless experience. I have been with att, t-mobile , cricket and all have been far better than this and very easy to deal with.

Trade-In Device

Apple iPhone 5c 16GB in White

Trade-In Status

Gift Card Issued to Account

Original Appraisal

$299.99

Final Appraisal

$30.00

Adjustment Reason

CREDIT APPLIED

0 Likes
linda18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you still calling in hopes of a resolution? Any luck?

0 Likes
PARKAN11

No luck yet. Have been calling and chatting with verizon customer care sine December 1st week. It has become integrated package of joining verizon.

0 Likes
linda18
Enthusiast - Level 3

I  dread calling -- it takes 1-2 hours and I get a different story each time. Last call said they'll take care of everything but didn't confirm and now I'm dreading finding another 1-2 hours to do this dance again. Terrible!

0 Likes