Horrible Experience
Amber1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

I cannot find a specific area to give feedback but I have the WORST experience with Verizon trying to upgrade my phone. I pre-ordered the iphone 6s and the expected delivery date was 9/25.  As of this morning my device still hadn't shipped and nobody could tell me whether it would ship today or in October sometime.  (The iphone I ordered was NOT on back order and should have arrived today.)  So, I then cancelled that order and got my phone in the store.  It was a headache but I was happy to just be done with it.  While I was there I also bought an ipad air 2 and requested to have it overnighted to my residence.  I confirmed with the rep before the order was placed that it would be overnighted.  I get a confirmation a few hours later letting me know my ipad would arrive on Tuesday because the rep did NOT in fact select overnight shipping.  I called the main customer service number but since the device had already been shipped there was not anything they could do other than change the address so that it could actually be signed for.  (Since I am not home during the week)  This is absolutely the worst customer experience I have ever had.  Nothing has gone right and more importantly, nobody at Verizon has cared.  Not a single one of my issues have been resolved in a manner I find appropriate.  Oddly enough, I haven't received any customer satisfaction surveys.

Labels (1)
Re: Horrible Experience
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amber1986, This is definitely not the experience we want you to have. Verizon Wireless has a strong customer commitment to delivering the best from our service and staff. I am disappointed to hear the service you received did not reflect this commitment.

Just so I am clear, were you able to cancel your original order and purchase the new phone at the store? Were you billed for next day shipping?

If you provide the store location I can definitely submit your feedback regarding the bad experience.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bigsportsfan2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Amber ,

In my opinion , if the rep " did NOT in fact select overnight shipping " as you had requested , I would hold Verizon responsible .

Meaning , I would tell them that I would like a "credit" to my account for the inconvienence  . If they refuse ?? I personally would ask for a return label,,,,,,,inform them that I will NOT be paying any kind of restocking fee due to the fact that my order was NOT CORRECT (( Meaning I DID NOT get OVERNIGHT as I had originally ordered)))

The only way Verizon will improve is if Verizon themselves are held accountable for their employees "MISS-HAPS"

How does that happen ?? If Verizon has to reach into their pockets (( LIKE THE CUSTOMERS DO )) and correct their error.

Currently it's like the reps at Verizon can just do/say whatever they want,,,,,,,,,,,,,with no repercussions

THAT'S GOTTA STOP !!!

Amber1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get the phone in the store.

When the rep confirmed my order she specifically said I would be receiving my 128gb iPad Air in space gray by 12 pm on Saturday. She even included the 19.99 in the price she told me she was charging me. However, when I checked my receipt after receiving the email about the iPad shipping and arriving in Tuesday I saw I was not charged for the shipping. I wanted to pay the extra to have it tomorrow and was told I was being charged for it. I find it extra disappointing that she didn't double check it knowing I was already in the store due to a shipping issue. Store location:  P3888-01

I'm a very agreeable and easy going customer. I try to do everything online, I buy accessories, and I'm not demanding and had I not experienced so many issues I wouldn't be as upset right now. I'm not looking for a credit, a credit doesn't put an iPad in my hands tomorrow. I'm just tired of paying for a sub par experience. I could go else where (att) but it's really just picking the lesser of two evils.

MWalters3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm dealing with the same type of issue, been a loyal customer for over 10 years, 7 years on this account. And agree with the lesser of 2 evils not to mention Sprint or any of the other national carriers.

Amber1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, here's a delightful little update.  After I was told the address had been changed to my office so that I would be able to sign for my ipad I received a notification that my package was being held at the fed ex facility near my house. The address change did not go into effect.  So now, I have to leave my job early to try and make it there before they close so that I can pick up an ipad that was supposed to be delivered to my house on Saturday.  What I don't understand is how I am having to jump through hoops to help Verizon further grow their business.  Should it be this big of a hassle for me to add a line of service to my account that will be generating more revenue for Verizon?  Who's doing who the favor here?  I could have gotten the ipad at Apple and I assure you it wouldn't have been this much trouble.

What's more is nobody has followed up with me regarding the original complaint I posted.  So thanks for that, @JohnB_VZW.  Your commitment to my problem is super obvious. 

0 Likes
MWalters3
Enthusiast - Level 3

And for all of your troubles, Verizon will offer you NOTHING in return. Thank you for being a loyal customer, we don't care about that, just give us more money. It's the Verizon way.

ChiFromPaloAlto
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am also waiting for a followup from customer service. I don't know why they want to contact me via private message--it would be SUPER to see the how the customer service handles complaints LIVE for everyone to see.

0 Likes
ChiFromPaloAlto
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow... The same thing happened to me. I asked for overnight shipping for my replacement phone, but I'm getting the ground service which will take me TWO extra days to receive. Now I will have spent NINE DAYS without my cell phone.

0 Likes