Horrible Customer Service
TheresaW2

I checked my Verizon Wireless account several weeks ago and it said I was available to upgrade on 9/13/13.  Last time I upgraded my phone I could go into the store and upgrade within 30 days of the date.  I went in today and they looked up my account and said the date was 9/30/13.  Why was my date changed?  I was also told that Verizon had to change their policies because they had to sell Apple products.  REALLY?  We are sacrificing customer service to work with Apple?  I was also told that if I wanted to upgrade early they would have to get approval from the manager and that I would be "REQUIRED TO" (Their words not mine) to purchase $150 worth of accessories!  Really? 

I have been a Verizon Customer for almost 20 years, even though it costs a little more, I have always liked the customer service and the coverage.  But now the customer means nothing.  I am definitely leaving Verizon in September!  I am so mad about being treated this way!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible Customer Service
budone
Legend

You are mad because they are following the agreement you were ok with at the time you got your last device?

0 Likes
TheresaW2

I am mad because it changed.

0 Likes
patrick3056

Been a Verizon Customer since 2005, they use to be good. I'm ready to change phone companies

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ahh Budone you are are seeing only part of the post. They were going to change it for the poster *if* they purchased $150 in accessory items. So they could allow the upgrade but now put blackmail terms on the upgrade.

Great way to do business! (not)

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I dont know if it is blackmail, the poster wants to do something the contract states they can not do. So an offer was made, they can and did say no to it and now just continues to follow what they originally agreed to.

As for the date changing from the 13th to the 30th. It could be (I do not know) the lines were suspended for a short time for non payment, a customer initiated suspension.  Right after VZW took over Alltel, I needed to do a warranty replacement. VZW moved my upgrade date 4 months for some reason.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Blackmail or Coercion makes no difference. The store was willing to do the upgrade with those conditions. Highly illegal if not totally unethical.

The change date well that got me too. But its not that long a wait for the OP.

That is why I love no contracts, and pay full price. I can get phones when ever I please as much as I please.

May buy my wife the HTC One since she likes mine. Maybe port her over to T-Mobile as the spare line or stay on Verizon

its up to her.

0 Likes
Autumn12
Enthusiast - Level 1

For some reason the site wouldn't allow me to start a new discussion on my topic. I will respond here as I agree I have experienced horrible customer service. I have been a loyal customer for at least 15 plus years. At one time I had 6 lines on my account with my 4 children. I have given Verizon a lot of money through the years.

Recently wanted to upgrade my phones on our account. I patiently waited for my upgrade date to come about. Went online and picked out the phones we wanted. First issue that came about was when phones that were advertised for free were coming up as a $50 mail in rebate that I had to first pay for in advance then send in the rebate once I received the phone.

Started chatting with some one about family plans and asked as well about the mail in rebate. She didn't seem to get that I my irritation was with me having to pay for this up front so it's not truly a "free" phone. Finally figured out the family plans and really there are no savings with "share everything" It's $40 per line for a smart phone. Got so discouraged I just said forget it.

Next morn. after I calmed down I went looking again. Then noticed when I checked out there was a $30 per line "upgrade" fee. I again started chatting with a rep. I explained to her I have never paid this fee and feel as a very loyal customer I should not have to. She said it is a policy that was started in 2012 for workshops offered to customers. I explained that I don't use such workshops to figure out my phones and why must I pay for the use of  other customers. She said there is nothing she can do about it. If you go on Verizon's site it says "free workshops" That is not true!  I have 3 lines on my account. $90 I have to pay to upgrade my phones, that is just one customer. That turns out to be  A LOT of money for Verizon for a "free workshop".

I know this is long but I am very frustrated with Verizon's customer service. I agree they used to be really good now it seems like everything else there are all these hidden fees.

SFCR
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had customer service issues as well. Perhaps you could begin with the BBB, but I have no idea it would help. However, if you can find an attorney that is willing to challenge Verizon and their policies, it could be to your benefit. I have recently employed an attorney as well to take it to court, even though they have a "no jury trial" statement in the fine print. Good luck.

0 Likes
Not applicable

No jury trial? No you cannot have a class action but you can do a single right of action through "Arbitration" or "Small Claims Court" or a "State Supreme Court" jury or non jury. Verizon only had jumped on the Class Action Suits not allowed after the US Supreme Court ruled in AT&T favor. But the court did not rule out "Class Actions" totally. There are presently three class actions in Federal Courts over that NSA issue. There may be more.

Verizon cannot outlaw lawsuits they wish they could but that will never happen.

0 Likes