Horrible Customer Service
maz1067
Enthusiast - Level 2

Two weeks ago, my boss brought it to my attention that she had been leaving voice mail that I had not been responding to on my cellular phone.  The Verizon store in Gurnee did not even want to deal with me because I have an iPhone and referred me to the Apple store, so I had to drive 25 miles.  I admit, the bad service at this store and with a previous Droid device is why I bought an iPhone because someone else had to service it.  The Apple Genius ran every diagnostic that he could on the phone, but the phone itself was fine.  It was Verizon's servers that were the problems, so I went on a 50 mile roundtrip for nothing.  I call Verizon from the Apple store and relay the problem that the Apple Genius tells me about the phone.  The customer service representative tells me that someone activated call forwarding only for voice mail on my phone.  I asked when this was done, how, and by whom.  The customer service representative could not answer any of those questions, but did tell me that I would be UNABLE to recover any of the missing voicemails.  After 40 minutes on the phone, she finally disables the call forwarding.  She completely shirked my questions regarding whether my account had been hacked and when I asked for assistance, regarding changing my PIN, hoping that might protect me in the future.  No compensation was made available for the 50-mile drive that I had to take or for the services that I was being deprived of, either because of a glitch on the end or further possible hacking that they are enabling by not aiding me in safeguarding my account against further breaches.

Labels (1)
Re: Horrible Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Maz1067,

Device issues are no fun! I know frustrating it can be when your device is not working properly. It saddens me to hear that you attempted to have this issue resolved in the VZW store, and was referred to the manufacturer for resolution. I apologize as well for the 50 mile drive, and the misinformation given. Save the trip to the store next time and contact customer service via Twitter, Facebook, Live Chat, or Phone http://vz.to/1aaBVyS .Call forwarding can be activated in various ways. It could activated as a solution to forward calls via your computer or cellphone, or accidently by dialing *72 on your phone http://vz.to/1dLmlLe . The iPhone Voicemails are visual  Please click on this click for instructions on how to check your voicemail http://vz.to/1oR4hzt . Call forwarding can be accidently activated, if you feel that your account has been comprised, then yes you change your billing account password.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
maz1067
Enthusiast - Level 2

Again, I did not activate, which means that either someone at Verizon clicked on something that they shouldn't have or my account has been compromised.  I know how to check my voicemail; this is my third iPhone.  I was sent the number that the calls were being forwarding and it looked like a coding error on Verizon's part.  Still, I was deprived of services and I haven't been compensated for my loss.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

maz1067 we understand the importance of staying in touch, especially for business purposes. We truly apologize for the error and the inconvenience that this has caused. Visual Voicemail is a free feature on iPhones so there isn't a charge to compensate, however we truly hope that we can regain your satisfaction moving forward.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Horrible Customer Service
maz1067
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's part of the services that I pay for, nothing is free from Verizon.  I wasted three hours of time easily trying to get this issue resolved and 50 miles of wear and tear on my car.  All of those things, Verizon could compensate me for. 

You could also investigate when the forward was initialized since you track everything and look into how it was done and who.  I still want information on the security breach of my account.

aclabo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Real satisfaction would be saying "I'm sorry that Verizon made a mistake and here is a credit on your next bill to compensate for your trouble" - but I KNOW Verizon would never do that! Verizon is NEVER wrong! {sarcasm}

aclabo
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Welcome to Verizon Customer (non-)Service. How can I best (not) help you?" That's the typical, unfortunately. Standard, scripted, sometimes barely English replies that do nothing to solve the problem or actually help in any way. We have a friend who left the local Verizon corporate store because she was the only person actually helping anyone. All the rest were just running around selling phones and plans maximizing commissions, not helping people!

maz1067
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just because a feature is including in my monthly bill doesn't mean that it's free, so there is something to compensate there since I was not receiving all of the services that I pay for.  Also, having to take a 50-mile roundtrip to the Apple store for something that was Verizon's fault, when I could have been tutoring at $35/hour instead, gas, wear and tear on my car:  all of those things have compensatory values.  The IRS even adjusts them every year as the costs of fossil fuels change.  Failure to compensate would put you in breech of my contract, which I'm confident that the Better Business Bureau and/or Illinois Attorney General would be happy to help me fight.  Either compensate me from what I lost, or I report Verizon.

We went through this in 2009 when you violated the federal lemon law against me with a Motorola Droid.

0 Likes
maz1067
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just for clarification, I was at the Apple store for over an hour and had more than an hour of driving time.  2014 IRS mileage rates are at $.56 cents per mile.  Google maps puts it at 21 miles each was, which comes to $11.76 each way and $23.52 cents round trip.  Let's not forge that I went to the Verizon store first and got blown off, which puts at well over two hours of tutoring that I didn't get in, which means over $70, in addition to to the transportation expenses, and the two interviews that I missed on because someone messed up my account, either Verizon or someone else that you still won't disclose information about.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

maz1067 there is never enough time in the day so we truly apologize for the amount of time you spent dealing with this issue. Your business is very important to us and we want to do everything we can to regain your satisfaction moving forward! Please accept my follow request and send a Direct Message to access the account options.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes