Horrible Cellular Coverage
SKMJr1978

I have recently moved to the 22556 area and have found that Verizon coverage is horrible here.  I receive one to two bars and data fluctuates between 3G and 1x, seldom I am able to get an LTE signal.  According to the coverage map I should be covered, unless the map depicts "a" signal and not necessarily "a good" signal.

Apparently it is common knowledge here that Verizon and AT&T service here is VERY BAD.  Only provider in the area that is worth a [removed] and your money is Sprint.

Does anyone know what can be done for Verizon to fix this issue?

Content removed as required by the

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible Cellular Coverage
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How many phones do you have on the account? Do they all fluctuate the signal?

You can contact Verizon via Chat:

Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

Chat is toward the bottom.

Just tell them you've tried cycling airplane mode, powering down and removing the SIM card, have your network settings set to LTE/CDMA and nothing seems to help. They can open a ticket for the area to see if there is an issue with the tower etc.

My phone did exactly as you're saying, but supposedly there were workers in the area interrupting the signal.

They may try to offer you a network extender, but I don't think you're at that point. Even then it only helps improve phone calls. In the mean time I suggest you connect to wi-fi when possible and if the connection is that bad you can download an app that allows you to make phone calls over said wi-fi connection.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Cellular Coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SKMJr1978,

I certainly want to make sure you get world class service wherever you are. I've reviewed the area and we certainly should have service there. There is some variance throughout the area on the strength but it should mostly be good. Do you mainly have this issue indoors or outside as well? How far do you go before the signal improves?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes