Home phone connect issues
harrytrotter

We decided to get off the ATT land line and go with home phone connect. We went to the Ramona California Store.

1. We ordered the unlimited talk plan at 19.95 per month. We were told we could get the equipment for $10. The rep said there was a new box that would provide fax service plus we also have a credit card machine. No where in the info did it say it would not work with a credit card machine. We were then told we would have to pay $29.95 for the new box and they could not discount it. Well when I did research later I found out we could have gotten the new box free from other vendors.

2. Hooked it up and ported it over. Got it working with no problems. Looked deeper into the instructions and found out that there was no fax support. Found out our credit card machine would not work either. Thanks a lot Ramona store!

3. I called up ATT and now re ported our number back to them so we can use fax the credit card machine. What a hassle.

4. I called up the Ramona store to complain. Spoke to a rep named and told him my name. He kept insisting on calling me mam even though I am a guy and I kept telling him what my name was.

5. I told him the problems and he said that there was not fax service. I told him that when I bought it that there was fax service. He said well that they just found out there wasn't, but he wouldn't charge me any restocking fees if we returned the equipment. Well I was told that when we got the equipment that withing 14 days if we returned it that we would get a total refund and never was there a mention of restocking fees. He starting getting defensive then.

6. What a waste of my time and effort. I am now without fax and credit card machine for at least a week until ATT can get us back running.

I am very unhappy with the information I was given and how they responded to my issues.

I would not recommend doing business with the Ramona store and would look into the limitations of home phone connect before you make the plunge.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Home phone connect issues
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello harrytrotter! It just really disappoints me to see your description of the events leading up to and during your attempt to use Home Phone Connect services. It is always the goal of Verizon Wireless to provide excellent service when dealing with our customers. Yet, even when we miss the mark, we learn from what's happened so that we can serve you better next time. I do hope that you'll give the Ramona store another shot. But even if you don't, I would like to share your concerns with the store's management in order to train our reps against anything like this happening again.

Please help me to train our rep! You can send me a Direct Message through the forum with your name, your mobile number, and the rep's name (if you kept a record of it) and the approximate date and time you spoke to the rep. Direct Messages are sent by hovering your mouse over my forum handle "DionM_VZW" and selecting "Follow". Thanks!

DionM_VZW

Follow Us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes