Home phone connect issue
Timyb

I have had home phone connect for about a year and a half now. For the past few months, we have had issues with our phone not ringing. When you call in, it rings and then goes to voicemail; however, the phone connected to the HPC never rings. I can stand beside it and my cell phone will ring so I know it's not an issue with service. There is a dial tone, it just won't ring for in-coming calls.  This continues until I make a call from the HPC connected phone. I can call any number, I just need to make a call. Once I make any call, the phone starts to ring just fine. I have even tried plugging other phones in, and the same thing happens, ruling out a phone issue. This has been occurring more frequently lately, up to 3-4 times a week.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues, or have any thoughts as to a solution.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Home phone connect issue
cvnv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having issues with the home phone connect, as well as all of our phones (4) including the network extender. We are not receiving calls at home as well as our cells. I have purchased 4 different phone systems hoping that would solve the problem. Nothing yet. Several people have told me they get a message saying the line is no longer available?? We are not deliquent in any way so that is not the problem. I use our HPC as a business line as well. Nothing screams sucess when my customers get a disconnect message or continual voice mail. I have spent countless hours on the Verizon customer support as well as tech. Resets, soft and hard, equipment upgrades so on so forth. Currently, they have been "investigating my issues" for over a week. I wish you luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can imagine just how baffled you must be since the HPC is not ringing. I'm so glad you have brought this to our attention in order for us to get this working for you once again.
First, we already know it is turned on according to the LED indicators, are you still hearing a tone when a voice mail has been left?
Next, I want you to dial *228 option 2 and then you should disconnect the AC power, remove & reinsert the battery, and finally connect the AC power again.

Once those steps have been completed, are you able to hear the HPC ring again? If not, let us know so we can file a trouble ticket for the sound issue.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bobbart

I have the exact same problem been getting worse in the last week. Verizon is clueless. I can't even dial *228. I get a recorded message that says not available on us cellular. No idea what that means since I am using verizon.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It usually means your device is currently roaming on a nearby US Cellular tower. You should do the *228 programming when the device is connected to a native Verizon Wireless tower.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Bobbart

How do I do that? This unit is in my home.  I have no way of connecting to a Verizon tower. When I dial *228 I get a recorded error message saying my device is not allowed. Doesn't make any sense. Thankfully my contract is up in February and I am getting rid of this piece of junk.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might be able to call Verizon Wireless Customer Support at 1-800-922-0204 from another phone and ask them to push the latest programming and PRL to the device. I honestly don't know if it would work since the device keeps wanting to connect to a US Cellular tower. Does the Verizon Wireless Coverage Map indicate that you "should" have Verizon Wireless voice coverage in the area of your home?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Bobbart

The unit has been working fine for almost two years. My cell phones work perfectly fine in my home. We had a large snow storm last week and I think it may have caused some tower problems in my area.

0 Likes