Re: Home Fusion-LTE Internet Installed is a hotspot on Unlimited!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Three11, this wireless relationship is important to us.  On the new Verizon Plan Unlimited you get our fast LTE speeds. To ensure a quality experience for all customers, after 22 GB of data usage on a line during any billing cycle we may prioritize usage behind other customers during network congestion. Keep in mind that for Internet devices only 4G speeds for the first 10 GB. Then 3G speeds. This means your data connection could slow down. I hope that this information is helpful to you.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support I would like you to be aware that when the Verizon Home Fusion Cantennae (LTE Internet Installed) Reaches 10GB and is slowed to 3G, your comment of "your data connection could slow down" is very misleading. This cantennae is not backward compatible to 3G, so after 10GB, the internet simply does not work. Trust me, I have experienced 2months in a row, AND this was verified to me by Verizon's second level technical support. Customers are being misled, which is why there are so many of us unhappy and hoping for real answers right now.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It doesn't have to be backwards compatible with the 3G EDVO network to get 3G speeds. It is still connected to the LTE network and is throttled through the network system itself.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mborozny
Enthusiast - Level 3

We are going through a similar issue in our rural community. When we enrolled in the Unlimited plan on February, we were led to believe that HomeFusion/4G LTE Installed/Cantenna counted as a Line with the 22GB allotment. Weeks later we found out from another Verizon rep that it is considered a mobile hotspot with 10 GB. Today I talked with a rep at our local Verizon store, and he said it counted as 22 GB. We believe we have been misled, and Verizon reps have not been uniformly trained. Our home speed was .11 Mbps today and yesterday. Technical support said they are investigating a problem with Cantenna clients; he rebooted our router and Cantenna. Will see when I return home if this has done anything. The point is that I feel we were seriously misled about the service.

JRRinNC
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was also misinformed when switching.  I had the 60GB plan before and thought it was almost too good to be true that I could not go to unlimited AND save about $100 per month.  The Verizon rep specifically told me that for the Home Fusion LTE with Cantenna, that at 22GB I may data would simply be prioritized which meant that I may have less speed during times of heavy traffic, but not until that point.  10GB was never even mentioned.  The first month I went over that limit, but was not slowed down.  Today I just hit the 10GB mark, though, and yes, I was slowed to 3G.  Previously I was getting 4 to 6MBS and now I'm down to 0.4 to 0.6.  This is absurd.  I definitely would NOT have made the switch to this plan if I was told this! 

MRAKRAK6530, thanks for noting Unlimitedville in an earlier post.  I just ordered one of their units to try.  If it works, I'll be paying about a $50 premium (using a different carrier than Verizon) over what I was before for the Verizon 60GB, but that'll be worth it if it is truly unlimited as they make it sound. 

JRRinNC
Enthusiast - Level 3

Edit to my last post.  The 0.4 to 0.6 was overly generous.  Ran a couple more speed tests and it looks like I'm actually averaging around 0.05 to 0.2.  Come on, Verizon, this is not good thing. 

MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154....you have answered this several times about how the cantennae is still connected to LTE once reduced to 3G.

My point is, what good is it if that connection gives me .23 download and .002 upload? Do you consider that "connected"? THAT, you still haven't answered.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes it is still connected.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tboz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in the exact same situation too & furious!

DDJ712
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think what the OP and others are trying to say is that while we may be technically connected, it's so slow it's useless. Most of us are in rural settings where we have to rely on cellular service for our home internet. We were getting great speeds under the data-limited plans. We were getting great speeds up until a week ago when the throttling began. Now our home-mounted, non-portable cantennae are being treated like a jetpack or MiFi and our service is slowed after only 10GB of usage. Seriously? This is internet we use for homework, business, entertainment, etc. 10GB, and we're basically screwed out of internet for the rest of the billing cycle in our homes.  We're not deprioritized; we're throttled so much that websites with any graphics will not load. I'm having to hotspot my phone in order to write this reply!