Home Fusion-LTE Internet Installed is a hotspot on Unlimited!!
MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

I live in a somewhat rural area and like many others use this as home internet. I have had this for about 5 years and with the exception of being data limited, it works VERY well. I was very excited to find that I could move this onto the Unlimited plan and was told that after 22G the data would be "prioritized"...which I thought we could live with. Unfortunately this in not the case at all. The real issue is that Verizon treats LTE Internet Installed Cantennae as a hotspot...even though it is bolted to the side of my home. This means that after 10Gig on the Unlimited plan we are switched over to 3G. The problem with this is that the cantennae is not backward compatible, and will not work with 3G, therefore after 10G our home internet will not work! (Do you know how quickly home internet will reach 10G with a family of 4 !!!) I've called Verizon dozens of times to find out why they would treat my home internet as a hotspot and render it inoperable after 10G. No one had an answer, and they led me to believe that a change in this "hotspot" designation would not be coming anytime soon. I've been loyal and with Verizon Wireless since 1998 and can't believe that I am being treated this way. It just makes NO SENSE to treat this device as a hotspot and to make it not work after 10G....very disappointing.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Home Fusion-LTE Internet Installed is a hotspot on Unlimited!!
mborozny
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have gotten maybe 10 days of 4G speeds out of 30 on this plan as well. The kicker is that even when our new month started on the 17th, we were getting speeds of 1 Mbps or less. Verizon refuses to have anyone come out and recheck your installation.

My cantenna is now turned off. We are using the Pocket WiFi from 4GCommunity.org's premium plan (similar to Unlimitedville's Yellow Plan) and pulling download speeds of up to 14 Mbps. It took some research and attaching the right routers, but we now have the fastest internet we have ever had.  CHRISNICHOLL7, I would give either of these companies a try.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@MRAKRAK6530 Having fast speed is a priority. We want to provide our customers with the best. We pride ourselves on superior customer service and want to make you proud of us too. Let's get this straightened out. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

EvelynR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for responding, but really how can we straighten this out? 5 years ago this was sold to me as "home internet", and 2 months ago "Unlimited" was sold to me with data prioritization after 22GB. Both of those events have turned out to false. Instead my "home internet" is a hotspot that no longer works after 10GB. The only way to "straighten this out" is for me to go back to a data restricted home internet & doubling my VW monthly bill. I'm honestly not trying to be difficult here, I'm just frustrated. I've been on the phone with Verizon over 20 times the last 2 months, and haven't been able to "straighten this out". Now if you have some new information that will turn my LTE Installed "home internet" into real home internet, I really would be more than happy to discuss that.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The new Verizon Plan Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does not address what was sold to me, and told to me, nor does it correct my issue. Thank you.

BrianDF123
Enthusiast - Level 2

They can throttle you to "3G Speeds" while still connected to the 4G LTE network.

Three11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the exact same issue. I signed up for it and was SPECIFICALLY told it was NOT a mobile hotspot but true home internet.

the first month my family used over 250gb due to streaming as we use the streaming as our form of television, had absolutely no problems whatsoever.

now today is our 1st day of a new billing cycle, everything was working great and hit our 10gb 4gLTE allowance, and now I can't get anything to work over the Wifi and forget about the whole streaming idea.

this is no where near what I signed up for, and I think they never throttled my service back for my first month so I didn't cancel my service and now I'm locked in for 2 years and am not getting what I signed up for.

Basskicker14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can't help you with your issue other than to say that I too was duped by a verizon wireless salesman. The day after the "unlimited" plan was announced I went to my local verizon store and signed up for the "unlimited" plan and for LTE installed. This was sold to me under the pretense that anything over 22gb on the LTE installed device would be de-prioritized over other traffic. After talking with a nice lady from the Verizon Network team, she informed me that my LTE installed, sold to me as a Home Internet solution, would be throttled to 3G speeds after 10gb of use. Which basically makes it useless as a Home Internet solution as I can attain these speeds for a fraction of the price from my phone company and with the help of a 56k modem.

TLDR: Very disappointed customer who is exploring all options to solve this issue, including switching carriers.

MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

Basskicker14....I am looking into Unlimitedville.com. They offer true unlimited cellular internet from the 4 major carriers and have really good reviews. Their Verizon plan is $249 month for real unlimited which is expensive...but if I were to switch back to Verizon's 40GB plan which is $180 month....the difference isn't that much. If you can use one of the other major carriers (Verizon is my only option) Unlimitedville.com's plans for the other carriers are much less per month than their Verizon plan....good luck!

MRAKRAK6530
Enthusiast - Level 3

Of course they can throttle me to 3G and still be connected to LTE....but my point is that doing this with the cantennae makes it impossible to load even the most basic website....and forget about trying to read an email.

Thanks for the comment, but I'm not sure what your point is....